Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yet another attempt to get help...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
here i go again! only the fun part is left to do guys.

*engine's back from the builder and all the bits are back on.
*the engine bay is done and all re-assembled.
*the carbs are re-jetted and ready for action w/new venturi's for the bigger jugs.
*new bushing kit installed for the shifter.
*tranny drained and filled w/swepco 201.

now i just need a little help installing the new lump and getting it ready to fire.

if you're not too busy sunday afternoon and want to eat some burgers and knock back a couple brews or sodas i could really use your moral/technical support!!!!!

i'm thinking i'll start around 4, and with help from a couple guy's it should only take a couple hours and who knows, maybe we can get her sparked up.

thanks a lot.

paul b
p.s. tools needed:
timing light
carb sync tool (they should be really close if not dead on)
multimeter
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
iamchappy
The boys been busy
736conver
Paul, if I was just a little closer I would be there.
lotus_65
yep, dave. i've been busy! it's been a lot of fun, but the car still only looks good from 10 ft!
btw, congrats to your dad. i'll bet those last couple holes stung a little, but he's my golf hero now! i'm playing this afternoon, we'll see if i can break bogies and shoot my age (for 9!).

thanks for the moral support 736 ~ maybe i'll get down to the wi/il gathering in a month if things go well.
wbergtho
Hey Paul. Here's the agenda...we bolt in the drivetrain @ 5PM...address a few issues...and drive it around Calhoun @ 7PM before the sun goes down. Sound like a plan? I'm still planning on being there. Do you want me to get there before 4PM?

Bill
lotus_65
QUOTE(wbergtho @ May 18 2006, 12:36 PM) *

Hey Paul. Here's the agenda...we bolt in the drivetrain @ 5PM...address a few issues...and drive it around Calhoun @ 7PM before the sun goes down. Sound like a plan? I'm still planning on being there. Do you want me to get there before 4PM?

Bill

SWEEET!

you can sure come over and hang out. my daughter's mom is picking her up at 2:30, i just didn't want to interrupt people's family/yard/project/afternoon siesta time too much!

thank you sir.
BigDBass
Paul, that doesn't even look like the same car I "met"! Best of luck on the install! I'll be with you in spirit as we open baby shower gifts!
lotus_65
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 18 2006, 04:06 PM) *

Paul, that doesn't even look like the same car I "met"! Best of luck on the install! I'll be with you in spirit as we open baby shower gifts!

thanks big d! hope you get lots of diapers!
lotus_65
icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
Sorry, confused24.gif can't make it. I have a date with a Healey and a big sand blaster. Sandy's Brother works at a truck paint shop. They have a huge blasting booth and he said time to big it over. Post pics for us! clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.