Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remember the Carrera GT wreck a few months ago?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/16/por...rrera-gt-crash/

Let's just sue everyone involved and see what we can get. bs.gif
9146R
Why am I NOT surprised. Like the money is going to make her feel better ? Makes me wonder if the Indy League widow has filed a lawsuit yet against Tony George for allowing her hubby out on the track ?
SLITS
I don't think California Speedway is in San Diego County...unless Penske moved it.

Trekkor
I feel sorry for everybody involved. When the widow see's the track waivor signed by the deceased...Well, that's all I have to say about that.

KT
boxstr
John Draneas, a local Porsche enthusiast and attorney, wrote an article about this event and the fallout in the new Sports Car Market.
CCLINSUEYOUSUEME
Brett W
We really should go to a loser pays legal system, so when this moron loses here case she has to pay all of the legal bills and some other fines. What an idiot.
URY914
The deceased husband was Corey Nicholas Rudl, rather a famous Internet persona, being involved in Internet Marketing. http://www.myinternetmarketingcenter.com/
racerbvd
Yes, digging up trash again. Why can't this bitch just let & her hubby RIP .
This is pretty well covered here.
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/show...ad.php?t=253838
wbergtho
I agree! This stupid BITCH should have to pay for all the legal fees of the defendants in the case after she loses. We have far too many attorneys in this country finger.gif and far too much frivilous litigation! It makes me sick. barf.gif I remember a case a few years back involving a widow who tried unsuccessfully to sue Cessna after her Fu___g dumbass husband took off in a 172 and promptly ran out of fuel...crashed and killed himself. He never did a preflight which involves checking to see if you have enough gas for Christ's sake.

My wife is from Thailand and I've been there over twenty times in the last 14 years. One thing I noticed there is that they believe in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! Judges there throw out frivilous cases like this every day. You can rent go-karts there that hit 70-80 mph. You can jump off the diving board at the hotel. (show me a hotel any where in this country that still has a diving board!) You can no longer do these things in this country because someone/business is going to have their ass sued off when you screw up. I believe I know where I'm going to retire in a few years! Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. aktion035.gif

Bill
fiid
The thing I hate about this is that the lawsuit slinging is going to make it more expensive and more difficult for ME to go to track days. At some point one has to take responsibility for one's own actions.

Funny - I guess if we could prove that she had made it harder for us we could file a class action suit against her biggrin.gif
URY914
I found it being discussed on F-chat. The Ferrari Club is being sues as is the driver of the Ferrari which was flagged on to the track. Someone said that one of the guys in the GCT was not wearing a helmet. ohmy.gif
McMark
I find it hard to believe this was motivated by the wife. I'm confident that as soon as something like this happens and gets all the media attention, her phone was ringing off the hook with lawyers who were pushing for her to sue. Just like the infamous McDonald's coffee lawsuit wasn't motivated by the lady who got burned, it was fully orchestrated and motivated by lawyers who wanted the big payoff.
maf914
Anyone see the Seinfield episode where Kramer tries to smuggle a jumbo latte in his pants into a movie theater? He spills the coffee and suffers burns to the groin area, finds an ambulance chaser named Jacky Chiles (take-off on Johnie Cochran), and threatens to sue the coffe chain. Great episode! laugh.gif
wbergtho
Fiid...now you are on to something here!
BMXerror
This is so painfully typical! dry.gif Why does the club, track management, and Porsche have to suffer a blow to their reputation because this bitch needs someone else to pay for her expensive tastes. KMA.gif Someone needs to alfred.gif this dumbass spoiled whore! The abulance chasers aren't completely to blame. They're just abusing an already f*cked up system to make a buck. The problem is that cases like this should never get past summary judgement. Like was mentioned before, there's no personal responsibility in this country anymore. It's become the norm for people to attach responsibility to all parties who's legal responsibility ended long before to time of the accident. It's also become the norm for those company's to settle quietly instead of taking these shallow money grubbing freaks to court and having a jury publicly tell them to pissoff.gif ! This creates a preceedent to where whenever an ACCIDENT happens, there's money to be made. I've already instructed the people I care about that if anything ever happens to me, don't act like such f*cking jackasses! This is one of the reasons that I'm getting really sick of Americans at this point! flag.gif barf.gif

(inhale)

Okay, I'm done now.
Mark D
URY914
Mark,

Back away from your keyboard.... bye1.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Brett W @ May 18 2006, 02:19 PM) *

We really should go to a loser pays legal system, so when this moron loses here case she has to pay all of the legal bills and some other fines. What an idiot.

That how it is in Canada, we don't have a sue happy system like you do.

The loser pays all expenses... his lawyer, your lawyer and the courts.

Plus most lawyers here work on only getting paid if they win, so unless it's a slam dunk they won't even touch it.
Howard
I hate frivolous lawsuit more than most, but this 'accident' was apparently caused by flagman error and driver inexperience. The widow of the passenger is suing everyone in sight. And just to direct this to Porsche, do you think they should be responsible for the damages? Should manufacturers insist that each buyer prove his ability to be turned loose with a 200mph supercar or bike? Assault rifle?

Not to the car or driver, but how about the passenger or an innocent third party? Had Stefan (Dietrich cool.gif )wrapped the Enzo around a school bus rather than the pole, the shit would have hit the fan.

I don't like it, but as car enthusiasts we should encourage the clubs, tracks and manufacturers to tighten up on inexperienced drivers in fast cars.
sean_v8_914
there is a pandemic errosion of personal accountability in this country that touches all aspects of our lives.\
warning: dont stick your baby face down in a bucket full of water. by not placing this label on teh bucket, the bucket manufactururer becomes responsable?

Warning: this ladder helps you reach high places but if you fall, its the ladders fault

Warning: this club will eat way hours of your time that you should have spent polishing your jack stands
1970 Neun vierzehn
There's a certain off-camber, decreasing radius corner that's posted @25MPH that I drive every day on my way home from work. Maybe, I should enter said corner at, say 70?, and then, STAND ON THE BRAKES! w00t.gif As I begin my rotation in the direction from whence I came, I'll have the peace of mind knowing that my soon-to-be widowed wife can go after Porsche for making such an unsafe vehicle.
How Porsche is responsible here escapes me, except, of course, their deep pockets. I too, don't have much sympathy for the plaintiff.
Brad Roberts
What do you expect? She lost her cash cow? Now she will have to work again one day.

B
wbergtho
Hey Mark,

I get spun up big time when I see things like this. You're not the only one who has to inhale!

Bill
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 18 2006, 03:03 PM) *

What do you expect? She lost her cash cow? Now she will have to work again one day.
B

a little cynical don't you think?

this will never reach a court room.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.