Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Transport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
...and yes, I tried a search and couldn't find any info.

I'm looking to get a 914 from Southern Cal to New Jersey. I called two companies:
Intercity Lines
$1,837.00
&
Thomas C. Sunday, Inc
$1,776.00

I'm sure you get what you pay for...but was expecting something just a little closer to the $1,000+ mark.

Any suggestions...I don't have the time to drive it back....

Thanks,
Ray
turboman808
simple answer

ROAD TRIP!!!
rmital
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 18 2006, 10:42 AM) *

ROAD TRIP!!!

when I get it out here turboman...we'll definitely need to do a tri-state something!

...I just need to get it here first.
merrill
I am meeting the driver of transport tomorrow morning. They are dropping off my wife's new to her Toyota Sienna. We had it shipped from CT for $1150.. I went to autoshipping.com.
JerryP
I used Nationwide Auto Transport & Carrier to get a car from Mission Viejo to Philadelphia. It wasn't an enclosed carrier but the car got here fine in reasonable time. $695. Now this was back in 2002 so maybe things have changed considerably but it can't hurt to get another quote. They say they'll beat competitor's quotes if you have them. In my case they did. HTH.
blitZ
I have the direct number of the man who transported my car from Nevada to Atlanta. It was $950 via this broker, should be less directly through him. It's not covered, but he was prompt, took 6 days as I recall. Real nice guy, I'll post the number this evening if you want it.
rmital
QUOTE(blitZ @ May 18 2006, 11:19 AM) *

I have the direct number, I'll post the number this evening if you want it.

yes, please!

rmital
QUOTE(merrill @ May 18 2006, 11:04 AM) *

I am meeting the driver of transport tomorrow morning. They are dropping off my wife's new to her Toyota Sienna. We had it shipped from CT for $1150.. I went to autoshipping.com.

getting some reasonable quotes from them...
Leo Imperial
DAS - Dependable Auto Shippers
Wife Jetta wagon uncovered $500 SF to NJ
Quoted me $950 for 914 covered trailer SF to NJ
All there trucks go through SoCal so prices should match.
These quotes are from January this year.

But I think 2800 miles / 20 mpg = 140 gallons x $3.00/gal = $420

And 420 is the Magic # for driving.gif ROAD TRIP

Do it! Do it!

blitZ
QUOTE(rmital @ May 18 2006, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(blitZ @ May 18 2006, 11:19 AM) *

I have the direct number, I'll post the number this evening if you want it.

yes, please!

Johhny Wagner 704-798-5814
smdubovsky
I just had my 914 shipped from San Diego to Baltimore for ~$980 - open transport w/ DAS. No real complaints (but the car was ugly when they picked it up so I never would've seen a dent;) Anywhere I found cheaper has lots of bad reviews so I spent the extra.

SMD
pek771
Ray
Did something happen to your car?
I think I have a shipper's number at work I'll post for you...he moved a motorcycle for me, but he carries lots of cars also.
Pat
Dr Evil
I need to ship a bike eventually so any info on that would be welcome as well.

I second DAS. Last July, two vehicles, uncovered, San Diego to Harrisburg, PA for $1400.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.