Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pressure guage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
need to purchase fuel pressure guage to adjust what else my fuel pressure. found a few but they are all for american cars. do i need some sort of metric adapter to fit it on the fuel rail and if so does anyone know what size the lil sucker is
Mueller
very hard not to post a smart@ss answer smile.gif poke.gif

eBay fuel pressure testing gauge

by the way, no big deal if you cannot find one to goes directly on the fuel rail, all it takes is a few inches of extra fuel line and a couple extra clamps (for fuel injection) and there you go....
Brew
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 18 2006, 10:25 PM) *

very hard not to post a smart@ss answer smile.gif poke.gif

Must read in metric?? biggrin.gif
tdgray
Alright you two boobs.

I know what he is asking as I asked this exact question last week.

I never got straight answer either. dry.gif

I purchased a liquid filled pressure gauge from JEGS and wanted to permanently mount it on the fuel rail. Unfortunately it has a 1/8 NPT on the gauge, so I will need a reducer.

Just don't know what size to go to. Chef... if I figure this out this weekend I will let you know.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(tdgray @ May 19 2006, 10:18 AM) *

Alright you two boobs.

I know what he is asking as I asked this exact question last week.

I never got straight answer either. dry.gif

I purchased a liquid filled pressure gauge from JEGS and wanted to permanently mount it on the fuel rail. Unfortunately it has a 1/8 NPT on the gauge, so I will need a reducer.

Just don't know what size to go to. Chef... if I figure this out this weekend I will let you know.

Get a 1/8 NPT to 5/16 hose fitting. You then attach a 7.5MM FI hose to it, clamp it securely, taking care not to over tighten it, and slip it onto the fitting provided, again clamping it in place. DO NOT lose the little aluminum washer on the screrw used to plug the fuel line tap! The Cap'n
tdgray
That's exactly how I have on now Cap'n.

Can I run it permanently like this? I just worried that it would blow the line off.

Maybe over thinking it eh? biggrin.gif
Mueller
he needs a gauge for testing purposes, it does not have to attach to the rail...I think you are better off using a flex line from the fuel rail or "T" from the fuel line and mount the gauge in the engine compartment...at least my feelings is that you do not want to mount the gauge directly on the rail if you could find the correct fittings for /4 applications unless you modify the rail...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 19 2006, 10:29 AM) *

he needs a gauge for testing purposes, it does not have to attach to the rail...I think you are better off using a flex line from the fuel rail or "T" from the fuel line and mount the gauge in the engine compartment...at least my feelings is that you do not want to mount the gauge directly on the rail if you could find the correct fittings for /4 applications unless you modify the rail...

Mike, the fitting on the rail is for 7.5mm hose. That's all he needs. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.