Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice looking 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Looks like a nice 914 to me. I would be proud to own the car that these pictures show, whow knows about in person. But what's up with the air cleaner on the carbs? He claims that it is a 2.0 rebuild. Looks like a euro 1.8 air cleaner stup to me and single throttle bodies at that - to small for a 2.0 right?

Eric

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=315051
Mike D.
May be a bus motor or just a bus intake set up. who knows? Stranger things have happened to 914s over 30+ years. Like Subaru or mazda engines... biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Yep. Bus motor. Look at were the coil mounts. I typically dont put them there unless the factory tin is ripped out from vibration and cant be welded nicely.

B
Dave_Darling
It ain't Zambesi green, either. Viper Green, perhaps?

--DD
Gustl
looks like palma green metallic to me
that was available in '75 only

viper green metallic was available in '76 only ...

wavey.gif Gustl
boxstr
Spoke to the person holding the car in Redding. Bus motor. Had ac, removed. Paint is single stage, okay but seller said not great. Said there is no rust in the HH or the usual areas. Originally from Oregon.
CCLINSAMBA
rhodyguy
is the silver item next to the bat the fuel pump? if so, that's the dumbest place i've seen one put yet. and...unless you absolutely NEED ac that's a -$500 (minimum) on the asking price. depending on how ugly the install was, maybe more.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.