Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor mount for 2.0-2.2 six-cylinder conversion...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
-I'm open-minded about cutting away the stock 914-4 motor mounts, but kinda like the idea of being able to go back. Then again, must cut holes for oil tank --and I know, I know why would one ever go back?

-With the torque of the big motors, I am sure this issue becomes a serious matter. But how serious for a small-bore 911 motor?

Thoughts?

popcorn[1].gif
Brad Roberts
You are joking? Correct?

You did see that Trekkor broke his PMS mount running his hot rod 2.0 6cyl??

B
J P Stein
My Vellious (RJ style) is bolted in place and has a superior
load bearing surface (Both at the motor and on the firewall) than the stock mount.
I round filed the 4 pooper mounts.....go back? You gotta be kidding. av-943.gif
So.Cal.914
What if it does take the deep six, at least you could run the T4 until it was

rebuilt. smoke.gif
horizontally-opposed
Ah, didn't see the Trekkor thread...yipes, and with all that torque from a mighty 2.0-liter... biggrin.gif

Yep, this looks like a foregone conclusion -- especially as I just researched the "motor mount" threads (only one or two out of five pages of 'em applied).

Firewall it has to be.

pete
Porsche Rescue
May not be the least expensive but Rich Johnson's stuff is excellent.
I bought his throttle/bell crank stuff and it is by far the best way to go in my opinion.
Cap'n Krusty
IIRC, ya don't have to cut off the 4 cylinder mounts, so you can always go back.
The Cap'n
Trekkor
popcorn[1].gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 18 2006, 05:26 PM) *

IIRC, ya don't have to cut off the 4 cylinder mounts, so you can always go back.
The Cap'n

Nopers, you don't have to cut them off, but I feel it's a....
commitment to excellence.....am I proud of that line or whut? laugh.gif
horizontally-opposed
alfred.gif

biggrin.gif

Jeroen
get a Rich Johnson mount and be done with it
gregrobbins
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 18 2006, 08:01 PM) *

get a Rich Johnson mount and be done with it

Where do you go to find them for sale?
Jeroen
Rich has them listed in the "Parts and Resources" forum
Porsche Rescue
It is all here

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=4315
Kerrys914
agree.gif agree.gif

Buy RJ's mount and be done with it. I bought the PMS "quick six" bar at 1st ..Waste of time and money (IMHO).. Call RJ after my PMS bar tuned out to be junk. He was very nice and helpful in me getting back on the road.. You do know parts break the monday before a BIG event blink.gif Seems like I can go 6 months with no issues and then ohmy.gif the day before... RJ helped me get back on the road as fast as possible.. 110% GREAT service

You will one way or another be calling RJ for his parts. Call when you have time to plan and do it right or call when your stuck without a car due to a broken mount...

driving.gif driving.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.