Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
ThinAir
I've been thinking about next year while this year is fresh in mind. So here's some random thoughts:

Voting for awards next year takes place for a specific period of time so that everyone who is allowed to vote is there for the awards.

Voting is limited - don't vote for the same car in two categories.

Replace "Best of Show" with "The Teener I'd Most Like to Drive Home" (Thanks Greg!). Keep the rest of the awards the same.

I'd like to look at Nevada for next year. I know it's pretty flat in Las Vegas, but are there twisty roads anywhere nearby? Our local paper had a piece today about Red Rock Canyon and it got me to wondering about possibilities in Nevada and SW Utah.

I still think we need a new name. I agree that Wustebahn may not have been it, but I still like something German and catchy. I saw something on TV tonight about a water park in Texas that is German for "Slippery Road" and it got me to thinking about Twisty Road or Curvey Road. I'd just like to get away from Route 66 in the name so that we've got more flexibility in where we go. We need someone who know German better than me.

Schedule the event to end on Sunday after a post-breakfast drive. This ended up happening at RRC and at R66C as well. I think it's clear that folks need to get going early in the day on Sunday.

Do some kind of registration like WWC so that we know for sure how many are coming and so that we can cover Saturday dinner like RRC without having to have folks think about how much the dinner costs or having to collect money at the dinner.

Well, that's my thoughts for now. Reactions and other thoughts are encouraged. Let's find a way to get a lot more cars next year!
VegasRacer
Voting / Car Show should be at a specific time.

People are gonna vote any screwy way they want.

TTIWMLTDH sounds like a great award class.

Next years event might depend on when and where the WCC is ????
A cruise from Laughlin - Kelsoe Train Station - Primm/State Line might work.
Red Rock Loop is nice, but there is not much else. Zion is excellent.
What is East if we go from Flagstaff? New Mexico?
Four Corners? Grand Canyon? Lake Powell? Oatman again?

I like the Route 66 name.
I am open if you can come up with something better.

I am all for any way we can improve this event.
More cars would be a good thing.
How do we get the local members to attend?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.