Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nick
Car is a CIS 3.0. Tried to start it last night and it wouldn't start. Noticed I couldn't hear the pump when I turned the key. Check relay it was good went to the pump and while trying to get the cover off a sliped and smacked the cover and it started working. Pulled it out all conections look good so I asume I need a new pump?
Joe Bob
Could be a few things....bad ground...which can be fixed by finding the connector and cleaning up or tightening.....could be gummed up internals....best to bench test with a techron laced fuel and recirculate....

Make sure you are sitting down when you price a replacement....

Also CIS pump starts up at odd ball times.....hot starts require a high pressure that is kept up by a chack valve in the neck of the pump. You can defeat this by lifting the flap in the air box. Cold starts get an assist from the cold start valve.
fitsbain
AAHH!!! What the HELL is that?

^
|
|
|

LOL sorry mikez
turboman808
I had a feul pump problem last week.

I picked up my car from dave a week ago. I drove it home and I think the rain gummed up some connectors. But after panicing at first I then cleaned all the connectors and put them all back. Started up and ran fine. Still not exactly sure what connector it was since I kinda did them all. But yeah I would make sure all the wiring is clean and has a good connection. Even though they sometimes look clean they can have residue underneith.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.