Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Seats Installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWest
I am very pleased with my new seats from Stefan at GTS. These are the LeMans seats made just for the 914. See them here.

I wanted something that would not get so hot in the Texas sun, so after a lot of thought I asked Stefan if he could have them made with grey Alcantara (microfiber).

I am very happy with the result. They are beautifully made - better quality than the Scheel seat I had previously. The factory seat rails bolt right onto the hard points made into the LeMans seat using the original hardware and they slide right in.
Aaron Cox
nice!

what are you doing with the scheel?
John G
Congrats on the new seats. They look great!

Are the prices on the website per each seat, or per pair? Guessing each seat.

The extra lateral support looks very good.

John
Leo Imperial
Great looking seats.
I saw them at last years WCC and got a chance to sit in them.
They look like they came with the car. Best choice I have seen.
I have seat envy... until I can afford my own.
Congrats on a good purchase.
JWest
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 19 2006, 11:13 AM) *

nice!

what are you doing with the scheel?

I had a circling buzzard before the Scheel was even out, so you are way too late. Nice try, though!
JWest
QUOTE(John G @ May 19 2006, 11:16 AM) *

Congrats on the new seats. They look great!

Are the prices on the website per each seat, or per pair? Guessing each seat.

The extra lateral support looks very good.

John

The price is each. Good seats are an outstanding handling upgrade to the car, though, as you can't control the car well when you are sliding around.
Allan
Those look fantastic.
turboman808
I love the old seats. If anyone wants to buy me some smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
SUPER nice! I've been thinking about these for my 914 and they look amazing in your car. For what I'll pay to get the stockers redone, I'm most of the way to a vinyl pair of these. And then it's a short jump to leather, and then...

How well do the stock seatbelts work with those bolsters? Passenger side buckle don't look like such a good interface. Safety? Will the belt wear down the vinyl or leather where it crosses by chafing over thousands of miles and vibration.

pete
Elliot_Cannon
Great seats. I like the gray. What kind of shifter is that? LOL You coming to the WCC?

Elliot
East coaster
Wow.....Shweet!

I ordered a set of the Rallye ST from Stefan. I'm hoping to see them in a week or two. I had them done in leather with heaters in the base and lower back........can't wait after seeing yours!!
JWest
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 19 2006, 11:44 AM) *

SUPER nice! I've been thinking about these for my 914 and they look amazing in your car. For what I'll pay to get the stockers redone, I'm most of the way to a vinyl pair of these. And then it's a short jump to leather, and then...

How well do the stock seatbelts work with those bolsters? Passenger side buckle don't look like such a good interface. Safety? Will the belt wear down the vinyl or leather where it crosses by chafing over thousands of miles and vibration.

pete

The seat belt works out just fine. The Scheels had a similar shape around the belts and had minor marks after many years of use, but it was not a big issue to me.
Porsche Rescue
I had one in my '70 six with the non-retractable belts. Belts worked fine and seat is an incredible improvement in comfort. My 1200 mile trip to WCC '05 over two days was in a GTS seat. Not as comfy as a late model Porsche but pretty good for a 914.
jim_hoyland
Very Nice ! Really doe look like they match the car.
Rand
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 19 2006, 09:57 AM) *

What kind of shifter is that? LOL

laugh.gif

WOW, those look AWESOME. Thanks for sharing the pics James.
Mike McGrath
That color fabric insert looks great. Is that the same stuff they are using in Land Rovers and other hoity toity cars? If so, feels great on your butt.

MIke (in Portland)
VegasRacer
QUOTE(James Adams @ May 19 2006, 09:17 AM) *
I had a circling buzzard before the Scheel was even out, so you are way too late. Nice try, though!

Hey. slap.gif That was MY Scheel seat. Maybe I wanted it back?
jim_hoyland
James,
Are the headrests adjustable (up/down), and are the colored inserts an option ?
GaroldShaffer
I have a set of these seats in my 70. I am also very happy with them. I ran with the stock seat belts for a while and never had any issues with the way the belts function. I now have 5 point harnesses and they work great also.

Jim, yes the head rest is adjustable. Not sure about the inserts, but I would say yes. I order my seast from Craig at Camp914.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Elloit; I'll bet your plane against my 914 that it is the FAMOUS RENNSHIFT.
Dave slap.gif
smdubovsky
Garold,
Do you have probs w/ running the 5pts over the edges w/o built in harness holes? I never could tell fromt he pics how high the side bolsters really are (they look TALL). Im realtively tall and skinny and was worried they wouldn't pull tight down on the hip bones when I take it to the track. Could you take a pic w/ the harness on?

SMD
GTS
Hi All,
Thank you all for your comments on the seats.We hope do satisfy every customer as well in the future with each request.The only downside is the manufacturer timing as they run in Italy on Roman Time........
here a few more pictures for the 5 point and stock seatbelts....

Click to view attachment
pete-stevers
i would love to have a pair in my car.....perhaps i will reward myself after it is running......mmmmm how can i talk "her" into this one
guywan914
Those do look awesome, can't wait to get a set. Should be ready for them in a couple months. Save me a set please?
Cap'n Krusty
Great looking seats! Probably comfortable, and sure to be an improvement over the stockers. Nice colors, too. However, my lengthy experience with Audis makes me question the use of Alcantara. It was pretty much stock on the 5000 and 100 Quattros and has not proven to wear well. Still, if the car's not a daily driver, it should last a while. The Cap'n
JWest
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 20 2006, 07:10 PM) *

Great looking seats! Probably comfortable, and sure to be an improvement over the stockers. Nice colors, too. However, my lengthy experience with Audis makes me question the use of Alcantara. It was pretty much stock on the 5000 and 100 Quattros and has not proven to wear well. Still, if the car's not a daily driver, it should last a while. The Cap'n

Thanks for the input. A lot of car makers are using it now (even the new 911 GT3 has it), so hopefully there has been some improvement over what you have seen.

If not, my 914 has been reduced to weekend/perfect day drives, so it should last a looong time for me.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ May 20 2006, 06:57 AM) *

Garold,
Do you have probs w/ running the 5pts over the edges w/o built in harness holes? I never could tell fromt he pics how high the side bolsters really are (they look TALL). Im realtively tall and skinny and was worried they wouldn't pull tight down on the hip bones when I take it to the track. Could you take a pic w/ the harness on?

SMD

No problems at all. Holds my bootyshake.gif in place. The seat bottom does have a opening for the nut crusher strap pinch.gif
jim_hoyland
One last question; does the seat height change ?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 20 2006, 08:23 PM) *

Yes. You sit about 3/16" higher with the GTS LeMans.
914-8
The GTS LeMans seats are very, very nice.

The biggest difference between the LeMans and the stock seat is that rather than being a foam cushion sitting on fiberglass, the LeMans is a "sprung" seat. The cushion sits on a spring hammock type thing. Makes a HUGE difference being suspended like that.

It does raise you up, though. Mine raised me up more than 3/16 over stock. Seemed to me closer to 1/2 inch. At 6 feet even, it was still comfortable to drive, but sat me up higher than I liked.

But that's no problem. I simply figured out how much lower I wanted to be, removed the bottom cushion, cut it down 3/4 of an inch, and reassembled. An easy job, but you need an upholstery stapler to put it back the way it was. Took a couple of hours. I don't think an upholstery shop would charge much to do it.

Since the seat height isn't adjustable, it's nice to have a "custom" seat that fits. As customized, the LeMans is AWESOME! To me, it's a "must have" for the 914.

IPB Image
IPB Image
szuccaro
Very, very cool!
BigDBass
Anyone know if these can be done in brown? If so, I need to track down an $800 coupon! biggrin.gif
JWest
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 24 2006, 12:07 PM) *

Anyone know if these can be done in brown? If so, I need to track down an $800 coupon! biggrin.gif

Yes, just call Stefan - he can do anything you wish. The material I selected was just something I dreamed up and asked if he could do it. They sourced it and I bought a little extra to use on other parts of the interior.
GTS
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Hi Dan,
just as James said,we can provide you with all kinds of materials, colors and pattern and embroidery.Attached a few samples.
Regards Stefan ClassicCarSeats.com
horizontally-opposed
James,

One last question: E-brake interference?

Thanks,

JWest
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 25 2006, 10:38 AM) *

James,

One last question: E-brake interference?

Thanks,

None - it clears fully.
GaroldShaffer
They are awesome seats. I'm not tall, only 5' 7" but I am wider than some people (220lbs blink.gif ) and my fat bootyshake.gif fits just fine. I liked this seat so much that I bought another over the winter for the passenger side.
BigDBass
QUOTE(GTS @ May 24 2006, 08:33 PM) *
Hi Dan,
just as James said,we can provide you with all kinds of materials, colors and pattern and embroidery.Attached a few samples.

Sweet, now I just need to find that $800 coupon. I bet it's right under the $300 RennShift coupon! smile.gif
smdubovsky
Does anyone have pics using these w/ a 5-pt with them SITTING in the seat? I still cant tell how high the bolsters are w/o a reference (I dont have the stock seat belts, so that pic doesnt help me any.)

Thanks,
SMD
GTS
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHi SMD,
here are some pictures from some customers.....
regards Stefan
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ May 25 2006, 10:10 AM) *

Does anyone have pics using these w/ a 5-pt with them SITTING in the seat? I still cant tell how high the bolsters are w/o a reference (I dont have the stock seat belts, so that pic doesnt help me any.)

Thanks,
SMD

I will get you a picture today.

hey Stefan, nice car. I wonder who it belongs to bye1.gif biggrin.gif
olav
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 20 2006, 08:23 PM) *

It changed enough for me that I had to swap out the stock steering wheel and put in a momo otherwise my legs hit the steering wheel I couldn't shift gears. I'm 6'3" though.

I was changing the steering wheel anyway so I didn't care.

I would like to take out some foam to lower the seat a little more for me but it's passable the way it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.