Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in an Atlanta Breakfast?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
Just curious if there is any interest in meeting for breakfast occasionally (or any meal really)? I have had my car for 10 years and have only met 2 other 914 owners in the area (and that was in the last 3 months).

In looking at some old posts I noticed some talk about a regular meeting at a dounut shop but I have not seen anything else about it.

Thanks,
d914
I'm In... drunk.gif
blitZ
I'm up for it.
michaelmoo
Works for me.
STL914
Out of curiousity, how large is the populationn of Kennesaw GA? Trying to figure out the 914 owner ratio.
michaelmoo
We have a gun law in Kennesaw that if you own a house you have to own a gun. We also have the same law for 914’s...
STL914
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ May 19 2006, 11:06 AM) *

We have a gun law in Kennesaw that if you own a house you have to own a gun. We also have the same law for 914’s...

So if you own a 914 you have to own a gun? To shoot yourself for owning a 914 or to shoot the car?
michaelmoo
It’s really to shoot the squirrels that try and make nest in your engine tin.
obscurity
So it looks like we have a group. Hopfully a few more will respond here pretty soon but in the mean time where and when?

Where: It looks like most everyone (except me) is located north of the city. and mostly around 75. That would seem to point to somewhere around Marietta. Any suggestions

When: I'm probably good any time on the weekends. Is there any preference.
pupwag
I'd try to make it sometime.Mine is not driveable yet...getting closer.I'd like to see some cars and meet owners with some experience with these things.I'm out In Flowery Branch.
carr914
I'm in Atlanta every once in awhile and my son lives in Peachtree City, so if the planets are properly aligned I'll be there.

T.C.
obscurity
QUOTE(pupwag @ May 19 2006, 06:36 PM) *

I'd try to make it sometime.Mine is not driveable yet...getting closer.

I wouldn't feel bad, mine isn't working either
obscurity
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 19 2006, 06:47 PM) *

I'm in Atlanta every once in awhile and my son lives in Peachtree City,

Finally someone from the south side of the city.
blitZ
I'd suggest meeting in Atlanta somewhere, since it is in the middle of everyone. Traffic shouldn't be too bad on a Sunday morning. Anyone know of a convenient IHOP?

Here is a list I've been collecting of our local owners. Hopefully, we can have a nice group.

Sterling Skinner Two9142
Bryan Mattern datapace
Dean agrump
Dee Bryson db9146
Bob BIGKAT 83
Jason D1A3
Al Meredith Al Meredith
John Jentz John Jentz
krazykonrad
pupwag
Greg D. d914
obscurity
I know of several waffle houses we could meet at. Or if people are more interested in later in the day we could meet at SIix Feet Under for a beer beer3.gif
blitZ
icon_bump.gif
Al Meredith
Lets go for it. B'fast , Lunch could meet at Andertti Speed zone , Big parking lot and a Fudruckers. I've collected about 20 names in Ga. Check out the map. Oh ya I have Two 914'w and a 912E and none have engines in them Give me about a month and we should have two going. Al
obscurity
QUOTE(blitZ @ May 19 2006, 08:24 PM) *

I'd suggest meeting in Atlanta somewhere, since it is in the middle of everyone.

Sorry Les. When I said it looks like everyone lives mear Marietta I Saw you were in Snellville but for some reason I was thinking Smyrna. My mistake confused24.gif

blitZ
QUOTE(obscurity @ May 20 2006, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(blitZ @ May 19 2006, 08:24 PM) *

I'd suggest meeting in Atlanta somewhere, since it is in the middle of everyone.

Sorry Les. When I said it looks like everyone lives mear Marietta I Saw you were in Snellville but for some reason I was thinking Smyrna. My mistake confused24.gif

Doesn't matter, I certainly don't mind driving. driving.gif
grasshopper
I might be able to make it up there some times
blitZ
When is a good date and time for everyone? Saturday or Sunday, next weekend?
SGB
I can't make it next weekend, but I drive over from Huntspatch occaisonally to see other friends. I also try to make it for Road Atlanta events up there in Braselton. I think it would be great ot have a 914 club gathering at one of the ALMS races. I wonder how one gets a parking corral? Hmmm....
Anyway, if it becomes a regular thing, I would enjoy trying to get over for one too.
Al Meredith
Next weekend is a little short notice for me. That is also a holiday wekend. If some people want to come from out of town they may need to make plans.
blitZ
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ May 21 2006, 08:51 PM) *

Next weekend is a little short notice for me. That is also a holiday wekend. If some people want to come from out of town they may need to make plans.

Forgot about Memorial Day coming up, how about the weekend after, June 3rd or 4th?
SGB
I'm just gonna wait till this thing gets rolling before I make any commitments..
obscurity
How about weekend after next on Sunday (June 4). I was thinking 7:00pm somewhere like Taco Mac where we can get a beer and sit outside.
grasshopper
well, then I am out... I will be in Kentucy that week...
blitZ
QUOTE(obscurity @ May 21 2006, 09:59 PM) *

How about weekend after next on Sunday (June 4). I was thinking 7:00pm somewhere like Taco Mac where we can get a beer and sit outside.

That sounds good to me.
BIGKAT_83
Just set a date and I'll be there.

Bob.............. cool.gif
krazykonrad
Set a date and I'll try my best to be there!
Konrad 72
shadygrady
Count me in. I know a couple of other guys in the area that aren't computer jockeys or members of the non club that might also be there.
obscurity
Unless anyone has objections I am going to say 7:00pm on June 4 (sunday) at the Taco Mac in Virginia Highlands (corner of Virginia and N. Highland.)

Just so you all know parking is at a premium in the highlands. I always wind up parking on the street in the the neighborhood. If this is a deal breaker for anyone let me know otherwise I'll see you there. biggrin.gif
Al Meredith
I'm OK with Sun the 4th...BUT Va Highlands? No place to park!
It is also hard to "hang out with the cars" because they will be all over the place. Is there a better Idea. Al
shadygrady
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ May 22 2006, 05:56 PM) *

It is also hard to "hang out with the cars" because they will be all over the place. Is there a better Idea. Al

agree.gif
obscurity
Fair comment but I have been racking my brain to come up with a place with ample parking and have come up short. I'm afraid all I know are intown places and none of them have parking.

The only places I can think of intown with some decent parking is Park Tavern (corner of Monroe and 10th st.) but I don't know what its like on the weekends
and Manuel's Tavern but there is no outdoor seating.

What do you all think?
blitZ
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ May 22 2006, 09:56 PM) *

I agree, I like that area, but not convenient for a car meet. I was looking at the members map, maybe someplace in Norcross maybe more central and less crowded. There is a Mellow Mushroom just east of 85 on Pleasant Hill or a location in the 285/75 junction is also central, can't think of any restaurant/bars.
obscurity
What about this place

5 Seasons Brewing

I don't know if they have a patio but as I recall they had a pretty big parking lot and they are just inside the perimeter on Roswell Rd.
obscurity
Ken

have you been to the Mellow Mushroom? Does it have good parking? If so let go there.
agrump
How about the Fellini's pizza on Lavista Rd, it has good parking. Might be crowded on the weekends but what isn't anymore?
Two914s
I would love to meet more people who own 914's in Georgia. We must not let people think that California is the only place with true sports cars!

(in my mind, true sports cars cant have electric seats. No 914's have electric seats! right? who would do that?)

How about CHAMPS on Mansel Road near Northpoint Mall? There is a big parking lot there and it should be about empty on a Sunday evening. Great food!

Or, what about Rock Bottom Brewery near Lenox Mall in Buckhead. They also have a big parking lot and some outdoor seating.

Or, what about Downwind Grill at Peachtree Dekalb Airport that overlooks the runway. They have good parking areas and lots of outdoor seating with views of the planes landing.

Many thanks to those that are planning this!
obscurity
Looking for where we decided to meet? go vote in the poll so we can decide.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=52452
db9146
I've voted butit looks like a lot of folks are pointing towards Andretti Speed Lab. Been there once for a work function.

I'll be watching for the when and where. Wont' be able to make it on a Sunday morning but afternoon/evenings are fine.

Dee
obscurity
Well the polling seems to have trailed off but Andretti Speed zone appears to be the place so we'll say:

Place: Andretti Indoor Karting and Games
11000 Alpharetta Highway
Roswell, Georgia 30076
Time: Sunday, June 4 at approx 7:00 (they are open til 10:00on Sunday)

I look forward to meeting a lot of 914 people! Bring your cars if you can. Unfortunately mine has the display rack installed so it won't be there but hopfully it will be on the road soon
blitZ
Cool, I'll bring my camera to document this suspicious auspicious occasion.
D1A3
I'll be Bahn storming in Bavaria next week, but I "luckily" return on Satruday the 3rd. So, count me in for Sunday at Andretti! I live in Roswell, so location could not be better!

Looking forward to it! Watch out for the '76 Silver 2.0!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.