Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next problem....now what
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Well, I was taking my drivers side valve cover off due to it leaking (with a new gasket no less) and I noticed that the rear part of it was not gonna come off as it was hitting my oil cooler outlet. I thought that taking off my oil cooler line would give me the extra needed room......nope. Thus, I need to figure out how I am gonna bend/reposition my outlet.

Any suggestions? Can I just bend, or do I need to heat? Neither?

I don't want to have to remove my oil cooler every time I need to adjust my valves.
JPB
Sup DE. Did you use a spin on or sandwich plate abapter because those lines would not be in the way then right? Sounds like you got a bit of a bind which may need some minor surgery perhaps.
jimtab
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 19 2006, 01:16 PM) *

Well, I was taking my drivers side valve cover off due to it leaking (with a new gasket no less) and I noticed that the rear part of it was not gonna come off as it was hitting my oil cooler outlet. I thought that taking off my oil cooler line would give me the extra needed room......nope. Thus, I need to figure out how I am gonna bend/reposition my outlet.

Any suggestions? Can I just bend, or do I need to heat? Neither?

I don't want to have to remove my oil cooler every time I need to adjust my valves.

HEY, turn your back if you're gonna bend or re-position your outlet...we got wimmin and kids here...... biggrin.gif Hi Doc....
Dr Evil
/6 so no sandwich adaptor. I'll take a pic some day......

Jim, switch off of the mexi rag, it is harshing your funny.
fitsbain
When you bring it to my place I'm taking the pictures. I'll post them. I've heard you say you were going to post them but we never see. So I'll take care of it.

:-P
Gint
Are your lower valve covers shaved or not? You know about that mod right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.