Full Version: Gratuitous Pics Dijon Bomb and Lift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
L97G biggrin.gif
Ferg
confused24.gif Why no pic showing up...

Ferg
BigDBass
Post it in a .jpg format. It's the bmp format causing it.
Ferg
In that case, I will correct it tonight on the home puter cool.gif

Ferg
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Nice pic Ferg!
Ferg
let's try this again...
Ferg
beer3.gif I knew beer would fix things... now we're on a roll.
Ferg
asdf
Ferg
mmmm wood biggrin.gif
Ferg
mmmm strange carbs blink.gif
Ferg
and to anyone selling a 914, when I ask if there's any rust in the hell hole or battery tray, and you say NO

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT TO SEE!!! biggrin.gif NOT ORANGE FLAKY STUFF headbang.gif
Ferg
tray
Ferg
and the lift piratenanner.gif
drive-ability
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 19 2006, 07:17 PM) *

Hey great!
How wide is that lift?
I want one of those chowtime.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(drive-ability @ May 19 2006, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ May 19 2006, 07:17 PM) *

Hey great!
How wide is that lift?
I want one of those chowtime.gif

10"3 wide is the footprint of the towers.

Ferg
LvSteveH
Great Pics, glad it has a good home. I love the reflection in the front bumper showing the chalk writing on the driveway. Having a car that looks nice, but isn't too nice to drive......... priceless. I really like the steel wheels on that car.
Gint
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ May 21 2006, 11:35 AM) *

Great Pics, glad it has a good home. I love the reflection in the front bumper showing the chalk writing on the driveway. Having a car that looks nice, but isn't too nice to drive......... priceless. I really like the steel wheels on that car.

Duh! I wonder why *you* would feel that way? But you are correct of course.

I gotta get up there Ferg. We need a shot of both our teens with caps. Before I change them to alloys. Oh, and... I washed mine... finally.
VegasRacer
You picked a great color to hide the dirt.
Nobody will be able to tell if the car is clean or not. IPB Image
rhodyguy
kadrons? dunno, def old skool. not much tension on that linkage return spring. nice hell hole.

k
Ferg
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 22 2006, 07:37 AM) *

kadrons? dunno, def old skool. not much tension on that linkage return spring. nice hell hole.

k

Thanks kevin, once I get some time, I plan on trying ot get some close ups of the carbs, and maybe a part number and do some detective work on identifying them.

The hell hole's, and the lack of rust anywhere, along with the unique color are the reasons I bought her.

Ferg driving.gif
fin
Nice Car!

My baby blue parts car is the color of your car underneath. Glad to see what it once was.

Are the carbs dual Weber Progressives? DGV36/32's or something like that. Take the cleaners off for the next pix and we can dial in the answer. It's a well done conversion anyway.

Fin
Ferg
QUOTE(fin @ May 22 2006, 07:50 AM) *

Nice Car!

My baby blue parts car is the color of your car underneath. Glad to see what it once was.

Are the carbs dual Weber Progressives? DGV36/32's or something like that. Take the cleaners off for the next pix and we can dial in the answer. It's a well done conversion anyway.

Fin

They could be... confused24.gif This is my first car of any make or model with carberator's... I know zero about carbs. I'll take some more pics tonight.

Ferg
LvSteveH
They are in fact weber progressives. The return spring in question is just an assist, the carbs have plenty of spring in them, and there are two of them. I hate a heavy throttle pedal, so I went with as little spring as possible, that still got the job done. Very smooth, the terry cable helps too.

Also, the fuel pump wire that can bee seen in the hell hole was not my doing. The original owner ran the red wire to the fuel pump some time back, and I didn't bother changing the arrangement when I put the new pump in. Seems to work well.

The real trick to the carbs is getting them synched right. There are no velocity stacks to put a synch meter in, so I made a custom box that sits in the air cleaner base. You just have to remember to disconnect the breathers and put tape over the openings in the base so that you get a good seal. That is very important.

The neat thing about the carbs is that they would work great on a big four. Plenty of 2.0L fords, toyotas, etc. are running around just fine with one progressive. The irony is that as hated as weber progressives are on a 914, as long as you have two of them, they work great. It was a very limited production kit for the type 4.
Ferg
Thanks Steve!

I guess I was thinking you were not positive on the set up... So I wanted to find out for myself. Shoulda asked you first if I was in question.

Ferg. beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 19 2006, 07:14 PM) *

and to anyone selling a 914, when I ask if there's any rust in the hell hole or battery tray, and you say NO

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT TO SEE!!! biggrin.gif NOT ORANGE FLAKY STUFF headbang.gif

he just painted over it. wait a few months. it will bubble and make its presence known chairfall.gif

mike, can you go over/under in your garage?
LvSteveH
The original owner coated the entire area with a tar like, undercoating stuff back in the day to protect it. I had to sandblast it all off, and it was taken down to bare metal. Then I hit the area with a little ospho just for good measure, and finished with rustbullet (like por15 but easier to apply, $32 quart) and topcoated with the finest gold engine paint I could find.

I know you were kidding, but a guy has to defend his honor. slap.gif
brant
nice pics ferg!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.