Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - argghhh so pissed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

I put up an item on ebay (to raise some cash for 914 parts biggrin.gif ) and been hit with fraud bigtime.

First off, somebody stole my picture and started the exact same auction. Ebay took care of that quickly.

Second, it looks like a "new" user has jacked up the price ridiculously high. I am not expecting him to pay. Any way to deal with this?
Ctrout
QUOTE(drewvw @ May 19 2006, 05:55 PM) *

I put up an item on ebay (to raise some cash for 914 parts biggrin.gif ) and been hit with fraud bigtime.

First off, somebody stole my picture and started the exact same auction. Ebay took care of that quickly.

Second, it looks like a "new" user has jacked up the price ridiculously high. I am not expecting him to pay. Any way to deal with this?

How much did he jack it up? 25%? 500%? Wait until the auction ends. Maybe you'll get lucky and the guy's an itiot and will actually pay.
Thack
You can strike his bid. Tell him he doesn't have enough history or feedback. Contact the second highest bidder and set up a buy it now for a price he's willing to pay, then kill the first auction.
drewvw

nice! I got ahold of one of the other bidders who wants to take it offline. He just won the auction....

Joe Bob
Carefull on how you do that...eBay just might want to try and ding ya for it.
Thack
What were you selling that is so attractive that someone would hijack your auction?
drewvw

thanks mike, will do....It was a convertible top cover for a honda s2000. They usually go for like 60-100 bones. Some guy with no feebback and new was way up over that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.