Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shipping a rotisserie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, It is at Johns(vegasracer) house. It is in about eight pieces I think. I dont know exactly, but that is about what I estimate. He said none of the pieces were to big or heavy. So what would be a good shipping company to ship them from Vegas to South Georgia?? I would like to get it down here as soon as possible. So quick responses would be appreciated. Thanks, Barry locust.gif
Lou W
How far is to drive there? could you get one of your buddy's and make a weekend out of it driving there, picking it up and driving back?
grasshopper
uhh..thats a cross country drive...
bd1308
oh snap....are you talking about for me?

If it's for me, we need to talk to Doug Leggins. He has one that he said we could use for restoration and stuff.

b
jd66921
Could you ship it to South Texas for a couple of weeks(???) and then I could
forward it to you in GA?
grasshopper
I was planning on bringing it, but if you have one, then I can leave it. I might not get it in time anyway. I bought it on ebay about a month ago, and John picked it up recently. I really want to get it off his lawn, cause I know he doesn't want it to stay long. If I cant find a way to ship it, I will just sell it to a west coast person who can pick it up at Johns house. I ended up only paying 90 bucks for a whole rotisserie.
grasshopper
QUOTE(jd66921 @ May 19 2006, 05:36 PM) *

Could you ship it to South Texas for a couple of weeks(???) and then I could
forward it to you in GA?

I will be in Virginia at our other house for most of the summer, so I would not be able to get it...I could get my neighbor to put it in the garage for me though. We will see...
Joe Bob
Forward Air ships "portal to portal".....cheap.
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif
rhodyguy
depending on the sizes, weights, and how you can bundle them, look into greyhound. or, freightquote.com. the dog is surprisingly reasonable.

k
bernbomb914
If you dont find a way to ship I will take it off your hands and have it picked up at Johns house

Bernie
VegasRacer
Here's what you have Barry:

1 - 10 ft. long piece. 1 3/4 x 1 3/4
Black Brace - 49 1/4 x 14 1/2 x 5
Silver Brace - 55 x 15 x 4 3/4
2 Ends - 60" wide x 41 1/2 tall x 30" front leg.
plus the two detachable handles.
redshift
It's a gol dang carnival ride!

M
VegasRacer
3 spins for a quarter.
Pregnant women, people with pacemakers, and girls in short skirts ride FREE.
GWN7
Did you buy that off the guy that had the GT car South of Town?
GWN7
Thought I had some pictures of it in action.....
grasshopper
yep, I think it was the same guy.
GWN7
Because of the oddball sizes of the pieces it might have to go by truck or you can trim the leg that sticks out on the upright (end piece). Leave 3"-4" sticking out and then get a length of tubing in a smaller size when it gets there and use the smaller piece to go inside the "leg" to reassemble it. Either weld it in or bolt it for easy storage in the future. As to the the 10' piece, cut it in half and do the same thing with the smaller tube going inside for reassembly.

That way it could go via Greyhound. Tape the piece's together and wrap some bubble wrap around the ends. You will have to check with Greyhound as to their weight and size restrictions.
BIGKAT_83
Grasshopper................. I've got one in North GA(Athens)that I just took my car off of. I posted here a couple of months ago offering it to anyone that wanted to use it.
Loaning it to another local member but you are welcome to it after he is thru.............but once a 914 goes on a rotisserie its hard to get them off.

Bob
GWN7
SIZE, WEIGHT AND VALUE LIMITATIONS

Size: Packages will be accepted for transportation, provided the dimensions of the package are within 30 inches X 47 inches X 82 inches.

The Carriers participating in these rates, rules and regulations reserve the right to refuse to accept a package if its dimensions, even though within the limits specified herein, exceed the size or capacity of the Baggage and Express Compartments of the available vehicles.

Weight: No single Package will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one hundred (100) pounds in Actual Weight. Provisions for shipments weighing up to, but not exceeding, one hundred fifty (150) pounds apply in selected areas. Shipments over one hundred (100) pounds are limited to the routes of carriers with a (150) after the name. See next page for applicable areas. Xpress Baggage shipments may not exceed 75 pounds per piece.

LvSteveH
I can't image the cost of shipping would be worth it, that's pretty easy to fabricate, and not much steel. That's super nice of John to pick it up for you. If you decide to unload it, I'm local.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.