Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 914 two owner 84K original miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
So I bought another 914. As the title says its a 84,108 original two owner (now 3) car. PO bought it in 1986 and it has been garaged since. He bought it of the original owner (local school teacher) and was planning on a full restoration, but is retiring soon so he downsized his house and had no garage space for it and now it's mine. smile.gif

It's was at the end of the road up North, where trees don't grow to full height and any further North they get smaller. There are places where there isn't even any telephone poles at the side of the road. The sign leaving town says "Winter Survival Gear Recomended" (sorry no pic of that).

1) No telephone poles
2) Christmas trees anyone...just bring a saw...free
3) 84K speedo
GWN7
Opps forgot the speedo pic
GWN7
Now for the other pictures....for those of you who wondered if it was ok to drive your 914 in the winter........this is what happens.....
Ctrout
You paid money for that car?
GWN7
The pictures don't do it justice. It is the worst rusted 914 I have ever seen. Even worse that the one at the Ohio show a few years ago....
GWN7
And as to why I bought it : motor was running great in 86 when the PO put it in his garage. He filled it with oil. Compleatly full (which it still is). So the motor & trans should be still good. Both hoods are in very good shape. As well as both bumpers & tops. Along with the foglights and grills. The windshield is perfect as is most of the chrome trim. Interior is not bad (one small crack in the dash top where the gauge cluster part joins) 150 speedo and all the other little parts that are hard to find.
It even has two good targa top holders wink.gif
So.Cal.914
Now you can corner the Iron Oxyde market. biggrin.gif
GWN7
I was thinking of that...my new trailer now has piles of fine German rust on it......I was thinking of putting it in plastic bags and flogging it on Ebay..... "Act quickly and you too can own a piece of automotive history...each bag contains up to 1 lbs of proven race car technology"

smile.gif
rhodyguy
how far did you drive for that gem bruce?

k
GWN7
In total... 2/3 the way to your place smile.gif
GWN7
Gas was $1.199 per liter up there (1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785 411 8 liter)

or about $4.08 a gal in US $
DNHunt
Man, you are sick. Unfortunatetly, I completely understand. Is this what is in store for me in the future? Lord, help us all.
lotus_65
hey, there's another one just like it (maybe a little better) in babbitt, mn. much closer to you...
iamchappy
Paul, theres one in Hopkins bad enough that I had no interest other than to put it out of it's misery.
wbergtho
I bought a folded up 73 a few years ago just for the wheels. It had no longitudinals whatsoever.
grasshopper
Is that car Pink?? what is the paint code??
pete-stevers
that is almost up as far a thompson.....what town was it you got the teener from?
Mark Henry
Not the worst I've ever seen....I paid $500 for this one

But it did have 5 fuchs, 2- 2.0 engines, SSI's, bunch of new parts in a box, parts from a 2nd car, etc., etc.

Parts cars are getting hard to find in Canada...at least they are here
GWN7
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ May 20 2006, 10:26 AM) *

that is almost up as far a thompson.....what town was it you got the teener from?

Thompson

It also came with some new CV joints he had bought for it way back.....

Some more pics... and yes I did tow it backwards...figured no harm could be done happy11.gif

It did have a 914 emblem on the back. I stopped for 10 min and went it to a McD's for a burger and I pull out on the road. Look in the mirror....no 914 emblem. Either someone needed it more than me or it fell off. mad.gif
rhodyguy
check out the whitewalls rocking nana.gif . you're still the K.O.R.T bruce.

k
grasshopper
so is it pink or just faded red??
GWN7
QUOTE(grasshopper @ May 20 2006, 04:14 PM) *

so is it pink or just faded red??

Just Really Really faded .....L30E if I remember from looking at the tag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.