Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener Beats Boxsters& Cayman
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greenie
Hey Guys!

Some great Pelicans put on the "3rd Annual Porsche Shine & Show" last weekend.

A very good turnout in spite of it falling on Mothers Day. A great bunch of Porshe guy's that love their cars, great fun to meet some of these people .

I was very excited to show "Greenie" and the work that has been done.

They broke voting into, midengine ,taildragger & wasserpumper. It was a very casual deal with participants voting for what they liked.

Guess which green 32 year old car took home a trophy? Very cool!!!!!!!

I also won a $40.00 gift Cert. to Pelican & a tee shirt.

A lot of fun for all.
greenie
I also had the pleasure of driving "Whitey" to the show.

It's very difficult for me these days...each morning I have to decide which Porsche to drive today?
greenie
We had a nice teener turnout, some beautiful cars.
greenie
At one point we had five lined up , three had never heard of the 914club?

Probably six or seven Boxsters & a really nice Cayman.
Rand
Congrats Greenie smilie_pokal.gif

Hopefully we'll see you again at the lowly old local non-CW 914 gathering someday! laugh.gif
Mercer Island next Teener Tuesday?
greenie
What I learned is people love the old cars!

A very nice 356 won the trophy for taildraggers , a 928 for waterpumpers.

An early 70's ( I think ) hotrodded up 911 was the crowd favorite.

914's are very special , they put a smile on everyones face and you always get a great story about the one they owned/ drove/crashed/ wanted etc.

Greenie
SGB
Well of course. That car is bee-u-ti-ful. Those others around you in the pic aint too shabby either. Last PCA drive my ol' 2.0 kept right on the tail of a HARD drivin' Caymen through a lot of tight and twisty roads. He could outrun me when it (briefly) straightened up, but I could catch him in the curves...
greenie
Hey Rand,

I'll be there, I may have to drive the "Beater 911"

Like RhodyGuy told me when I finished Greenie" time to sell, she's too nice to drive now"

Greenie
wbergtho
NICE JOB INDEED!
Rand
QUOTE(greenie @ May 19 2006, 08:10 PM) *

Hey Rand,

I'll be there, I may have to drive the "Beater 911"

Like RhodyGuy told me when I finished Greenie" time to sell, she's too nice to drive now"

Greenie

laugh.gif Glad you actually do drive that teener though! thumb3d.gif
For anyone who hasn't seen Greenie's car.... it's immaculate.

And somehow he always gets the girls... in the photos with his car!!! laugh.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(greenie @ May 19 2006, 07:54 PM) *

I also had the pleasure of driving "Whitey" to the show.

It's very difficult for me these days...each morning I have to decide which Porsche to drive today?

Yah, life can be a real "drag" at times, just keep yourself centered and it'll be OK.
JPB
Congrats bro. Nice shiny classic cars. You all are right though, a classic car specially with a vintage look like a 914 will soon be the show fav in the future. They are getting better looking with age since the auto manufacturers are designing more crap by the day.
jr91472
Congrats Greenie smilie_pokal.gif

Its funny, last week I got a wave and a thumbs up from a 911 in traffic.

Yesterday, I got a full on "WTF is that?" look from a 996 passing in front of me at an intersection. And last nite, I found a note on my windshield "Cool Car!!!!!!"

These must be signs of the apocalypse
boxstr
Hey What is the red car parked their next to your greenie?? Looks like a convertible 914 to me.
Details.
CCLINTOPLESSINTUSCON
greenie
Hey Craig,

The red car is for sale. I believe he wants about $10K. It's a 75 and looks to be very nice. five lug conversion, paint & interior are beautiful. I have no idea about mileage or mechanicals.

I will get a phone # if you are interested.

Greenie
jbegood2000
LOOKIN' GOOD GREENIE !!! Beautiful Car thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.