Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lack of Horse Power
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klink
OK I have done some searches but I am not getting it. '73 1.7L totally stock. I have done following......compression check-good, replaced fuel filter, adjusted valves, checked plugs-good, replaced all injectors (that helped a whole bunch), adjusted dwell, adjusted timing, replaced vacuum lines, replaced plug wires, cleaned and tightened all ground wires. This car runs good, it just doesn't have any get up and go. It won't tach out in 4th gear on flat ground. I am thinking maybe MPS? I unplugged it and the engine died. Maybe I am asking too much from 74 HP. I had a '72 1.7L a long time ago but I don't remember it being this much of a dog dead horse.gif ......oops I didn't mean that baby. : It will be a six in the not too distant future but I am Auto Crossing it in the AS/S class now so I'm looking for a little more acceleration. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. :
rhodyguy
is the throttle cable opening the throttle body fully?

k
klink
I don't know for sure, but I will check it tomorrow. Thanks.
So.Cal.914
You didn't mention air cleaner.

smoke.gif
klink
Air cleaner is brand new. I appreciate any suggestions.
Andyrew
1.7's will max out at around 110-115mph. IIRC thats near tached out at 4th...

Go a 0-60 run with a friend and a stopwatch.

stock is around 10 seconds.
klink
I'll give it a try. It really runs pretty good it just does'nt seem to have enough power. Thanks.
Hammy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 19 2006, 10:39 PM) *

1.7's will max out at around 110-115mph. IIRC thats near tached out at 4th...

Go a 0-60 run with a friend and a stopwatch.

stock is around 10 seconds.

10 seconds? I thought I read it was like 13 biggrin.gif
Andyrew
10.5 is what I had in my 2.0... but it was down on power.

Given better tires in todays car and what not...

I forgot the actual spec... so what not..

Top speed is 108. 0-60 is 13 seconds.

Just checked...

Sorry.. I keep forgetting these things were a dog from the factory.. (mine being low 4 second 0-60 low 12's or high 11's 1/4mile, and pegging the speedo in 5th its hard to remember the slow times...)
Hammy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 20 2006, 12:55 AM) *

Sorry.. I keep forgetting these things were a dog from the factory.. (mine being low 4 second 0-60 low 12's or high 11's 1/4mile, and pegging the speedo in 5th its hard to remember the slow times...)

laugh.gif it's ok, I forgive you.
4 second 0-60.... idea.gif when do I get a ride ?
Andyrew
QUOTE(Hammy @ May 20 2006, 12:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 20 2006, 12:55 AM) *

laugh.gif it's ok, I forgive you.
4 second 0-60.... idea.gif when do I get a ride ?

Soon grasshopper... once I get the roller bearings in. and the racing suspension back on.. I'll throw on the hoosiers and take you for an "interesting" ride!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.