Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BIG Bang
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
propricer
Never heard of this one until it happened to me ... anyone ever have the clutch pivot ball break off right at its base ??? Running a 911 pull type clutch on my V8 / 901.

I've had the ball pull out of the case a couple of times and have fixed that one for good but this is a new one.

Anyone ever had this happen ... with the clutch fork now floating, did it also take out the pressure plate ???

Thought this was a hardened part ... boy, what a NOISE when it went !!!
Mark Henry
Most likely it's only the ball...it makes one hell of a bang, but it should be the only thing broke.
Mark Henry
BTW I've had to do this repair on 2 customers cars in the last 2 years, both pull type. Is your pedal real hard? Check your cable for binding.

Also do you have a pedal board?
Cap'n Krusty
Common 2.2 911 failure. I've probably seen a dozen or more over the years. There have been numerous products on the market that attempt to address the problem, but I can't attest to whether or not they work. Might wanna check the thickness of the disc: major reason for the failure of the pivot. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.