Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil plug above sender plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stieve
Ok guys, on the front of the engine, is a oil plug 32mm, above the drivers side motor mount, there is stud and another hole for a bolt, anyone know what goes there? Is this used for something? Is there a plate that bolts on there? I had oil leaking from there and pulled the plug out and it is open to the oil temp sender plate area from inside. Anyone????
So.Cal.914
Pic's
Stieve
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 20 2006, 01:05 PM) *

Pic's

Here is one
rhodyguy
no picture. my minds eye sees the bolt on the side of the case that retains the little metal wheel that the thermostat wire runs on.

k
Stieve
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 20 2006, 02:08 PM) *

no picture. my minds eye sees the bolt on the side of the case that retains the little metal wheel that the thermostat wire runs on.

k

that is the side, there is a stud coming out toward the engine mount bar, above the temp sent plate.
Stieve
QUOTE(Stieve @ May 20 2006, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 20 2006, 01:05 PM) *

Pic's

Here is one

ok, pic isn't working, Pm me an addy and see if you can post?
type47
stud/bolt and hole makes me think thermostat?
rhodyguy
Click to view attachmentis it shown in this picture? note the black spot, and i stubbed my toe.

k
So.Cal.914
I must be dense today, I thought you were talking about the area above the

engine mount on the front of the case. But your pic shows the bottem of the case

and the rubber mount is in the way for me to see much of anything above the

engine mount. Try me again. smoke.gif
rhodyguy
that's a picture i took. i have no idea where the bolt, stud, hole are actually located. that's what i'm trying to sort out.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.