Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Has Happened To My 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
It starts up immediately, idles and purrs like a kitten. wub.gif

Until you floor it and then it runs like a bat out of hell right up to redline. ohmy.gif

It stops on a dime and corners like it's on rails. w00t.gif

It does not pop, belch, fart, shimmy or shake and refuses to over-heat. unsure.gif

I've owned this car for over three years and it has never acted like this. confused24.gif

Can this be right? WTF.gif

As always, I seek guidance from you Gurus. pray.gif

grasshopper
OMG! that is horrible!, you need to remove your engine compartment seals, overfill it with oil, swap some wires, and then you should be all better!
Flat VW
It sounds as if you have the polarity backwards, try hooking black to red and red to black. welder.gif

That should help restore your off-normal condition.

John chair.gif
echocanyons
I suggest you get it on jackstands immediately.

From here you should disassemble as many things as possible and not necessarily one by one but everything together.

This should make you feel better for a while...

Well maybe you should get one last spirited drive before you do that.

Nuthin better than a well sorted teener beerchug.gif

So.Cal.914
What a drag, I hate that when everything goes right.

smoke.gif
Joe Bob
Last time I said that to myself I pulled off the freeway and came to stop and dropped a valve seat.....NEVER think yer car runs great.....always be pissed at a leak, a noise or a squeak and have something ready to fix or swap out.

THEY KNOW WE TALK ABOUT THEM....
JPB
Enough with the negative crap! You have a good thing which needs to be loved and cared for; lucky bugger. I say get another one which needs to be worked on and have this one when you have the urge to take a corner sideways. I promissed myself that once mine is finaly done, I will not go without one I can't drive right now while working on another one. I say, get a fixer upper or make another good one wild!

smiley_notworthy.gif You have achived 914 greatness and are in need to make love to another one now.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(JPB @ May 20 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Enough with the negative crap! You have a good thing which needs to be loved and cared for; lucky bugger. I say get another one which needs to be worked on and have this one when you have the urge to take a corner sideways. I promissed myself that once mine is finaly done, I will not go without one I can't drive right now while working on another one. I say, get a fixer upper or make another good one wild!

smiley_notworthy.gif You have achived 914 greatness and are in need to make love to another one now.

Yeah like the time with your sig other and you wonder why everything is going so smoothly....never fails.... dry.gif
elwood-914
Sounds like it's time to sell........... blink.gif
Mark Henry
Someone figured out how to set the linkage properly.
dinomium
Today I changed my headlights and the relay. That was IT! You are an insparation to us all!
HA!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Joe: Big F--King Hammer will fix that .How dare
it act that way!!!! Needs better training!!
Dave slap.gif
computers4kids
happy11.gif
QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ May 20 2006, 04:34 PM) *

It starts up immediately, idles and purrs like a kitten. wub.gif
Until you floor it and then it runs like a bat out of hell right up to redline. ohmy.gif
It stops on a dime and corners like it's on rails. w00t.gif
It does not pop, belch, fart, shimmy or shake and refuses to over-heat. unsure.gif
I've owned this car for over three years and it has never acted like this. confused24.gif
Can this be right? WTF.gif
As always, I seek guidance from you Gurus. pray.gif

I think 914s are possessed like "Herbie" (movie). My 914 is a bit insecure right now, I haven't been spending enough time with it...so it decided it get my attention. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.