Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIG autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Want to see a big course, check out the attached.

Hope my new tires get here tomorrow!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 25 2003, 06:12 PM)
Want to see a big course, check out the attached.

i see they have Concours Weenies strategically placed around the course, so they can get an idea of what it's like to DRIVE a Porsche driving.gif ...
Andyrew
Im gona be there in my dads stock 951..

The 914 isnt auto cross worthy, even though it would woop my dads in handling.. I dont trust the engine tho.

Gona clean my injectors, put in the CD unit and see how it runs then.. Later tho.

Hehe, my dad showed me the track yesterday. Looks like it might get close to 2 mins! Knowing 3 com, I should be getting into 3rd gear (in the turbo.. 2nd goes to 60) .

Saterday will me fun!!

Hope to see some of you there! Brad?

Andrew
nine14cats
you gotta like it! longer the better!

Randal, if your tires don't come...do you have an extra beater set?

Bill
fiid
I'll be there in the Subaru. It just got new ContiContactExtremes or some other stupid name. We'll see how it does :-) Will be interesting.

Fiid.
Randal
[Randal, if your tires don't come...do you have an extra beater set?

I do and beater is right. When the racing tires start to go away you might as well put it on the trailer, unless you like doing high speed spins.

Mine, last time at 3Com, with a corded rear tire flat out in 3rd, was maybe as good as yours at the Marina!

The surface at 3Com really tears up tires.
Brad Roberts
I'm going to try and stop by this event.

Randal.. I didnt have any springs..

B
Randal
Brad,

Hope to see you out there tomorrow.

Any good place you'd recommend for the springs?
aufaber
Looks about the same as the San Diego reagon events at Jack Murphy (Qualcom). I like the airport ones a lot too. very well documented though!

-Aaron G.
Randal
Wonder what software was used to create the map?
Must be some form of CAD system.
ChrisReale
Nice course. Big, and well laid out
nine14cats
Randal,

If you're tires don't come today....show up anyway with your car. I've got a set of Hoosier slicks that I use as practice tires at Thunderhill. Their Hoosier slicks and I know you run Goodyear's but hey....you get to run. The tires are R60 compound, which makes them alot harder to heat up than the R210's you usually run with your Goodyear's, but at least you get to play. I'll pack them in the trailer tonight. They are on 15x7 cookies like yours.

See you tomorrow morning.

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.