Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pittsburgh BBQ rescheduled for June 24th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fitsbain
Ok last try.

We are going to have the BBQ on the 24th of June. Hopefully that is enough time to plan for everyone.

Remember this is free jsharp.gif , and beerchug.gif at my place.

Come and meet the other east coast members, and maybe even help me get the car ready.

Bring you car, your apatite, and anything you have that may help with rust. biggrin.gif

PM me for the details, directions and phone number, or with any questions.
fitsbain
Just a bump to the front page so people will see.

Get me those PM's so I know who will be able to make it.
fitsbain
I'll keep this reply edited with a list of those coming.

Right now we have

Me
Dr E. (Hershey PA)
Rrrockhound (Columbus OH)

Spoke (Allentown PA)

dheinz (Pittsburgh PA)

nylart (Pittsburgh PA)
cutrock (Stubenville OH)

Newto914s (Cleveland OH I think)
Grasshopper (I forget, Somewhere in VA)

Lets keep the list growing.
nomore9one4
icon_bump.gif This figures for me. We are going to be in Kalso Beach so I will not be able to make it sad.gif I am sure I will be missing out on a great time. jsharp.gif beer.gif chowtime.gif sawzall-smiley.gif if plans change I will certainly be there.
fitsbain
Sorry we are going to miss you boboli.

Anyone else going to be able to make it?
fitsbain
Bumping this up from the 5th page.

Come on guys!!

I pushed this back cause no one could make it in May.

Now we need to get a little more intrest. remember I'm paying for the food and drink, all you have to do is drive to my place in Pittsburgh.
srb7f
Damn, I cannot make it that weekend. Sure is a shame since it's the same city and all. Let me know if you'd be up for doing just a local Pittsburgh lunch or something before the big party, as I'd love to meet everyone in the new city.
fitsbain
If your local you can stop by any time. I work in the garage most evenings.
I'll get you contact info by PM.
nomore9one4
Maybe we could get together over 4th of July weekend?
nomore9one4
Actually any other weekend should be fine aswell. Steve..What part of town are you in? I am in the Bellevue,West View area
dheinz
I'll try to make the BBQ and this reply bumps this thread to the front page. The member map makes your place easy to find.
Did you find the"Excellence", "Panorama", or "Rundshau" magazines helpful?
fitsbain
Ya man thanks.
srb7f
I'm in the city in a neighborhood called Regent Square. Exit #7 off 376.
fitsbain
Time for a bump back to the top.

Need to get more people to come.

It going to happen one way or another but I would prefere if we got a bunch of you east coasters or even some of you central or left coast people that like to drive.

So come on and come to the party.

fitsbain
It's getting closer so it was time for another bump up from page 5.
tdgray
Sorry no can do.. weekend of my and the wifes birthday.

Always have a big family bash.

Let me know if we are going to do it again.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(tdgray @ Jun 2 2006, 04:38 AM) *

Sorry no can do.. weekend of my and the wifes birthday.

Always have a big family bash.

Let me know if we are going to do it again.

agree.gif I will even have the 72' on the road later into the summer beerchug.gif
Although, Fitsbain I will try to stop out and see how the project is going.may drop off a little something for Dr.Evil for his wedding fund. burnout.gif
fitsbain
We will definatly do it again before the end of the year. Hopefully for the next one we willn't be working on my car but driving it instead.

But this one is going to happen so hoopefully we can get a few more people to show up.

Maybe we can do the next one at a location. North Park maybe, or better yet if we could go for a friday, we could invade the big car show at the old northern lights drivein location (northern lights church now) on Rt 19 in Cranberry. Toward the end of the year last year they were drawing 500+ cars every friday.

Any way, let me know if you can come on the 24th and I'll get you directions.

I got alot of food planned so I'll need help to get it all eaten or I willn't fit in the teener any more if I have to eat it all my self.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Jun 2 2006, 05:43 AM) *

We will definatly do it again before the end of the year. Hopefully for the next one we willn't be working on my car but driving it instead.

But this one is going to happen so hoopefully we can get a few more people to show up.

Maybe we can do the next one at a location. North Park maybe, or better yet if we could go for a friday, we could invade the big car show at the old northern lights drivein location (northern lights church now) on Rt 19 in Cranberry. Toward the end of the year last year they were drawing 500+ cars every friday.

Any way, let me know if you can come on the 24th and I'll get you directions.

I got alot of food planned so I'll need help to get it all eaten or I willn't fit in the teener any more if I have to eat it all my self.

That church car show is fantastic. Would be a great place meet. Although, North Park would be a great get together point to where we could jsharp.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
fitsbain
If you have ever seen the red mustang saleen vert, normally sitting next to a purple coupe (fake saleen), Those are my high school teachers. And my cousin is helping to run the show now. He has a dropped sdime, should be green if he has gotten the replaced body panels (from an accident) painted.

I havn't made it up there yet this year but I will soon.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Jun 2 2006, 08:01 AM) *

If you have ever seen the red mustang saleen vert, normally sitting next to a purple coupe (fake saleen), Those are my high school teachers. And my cousin is helping to run the show now. He has a dropped sdime, should be green if he has gotten the replaced body panels (from an accident) painted.

I havn't made it up there yet this year but I will soon.

icon_bump.gif We have not made the show this year either.Will hit the next one if it does not rain confused24.gif Oh,that church does alot of great stuff for alot of people. clap56.gif
fitsbain
Just found out from a fellow member that there is also an Auto X held by the local porsche club the same day at beaver run (not too far).

Stalag14
Hi, sorry to interrupt. But I was wondering if you could me log on to the club store?

Stalag14
I mean Help me log on to the club store? smoke.gif
fitsbain
I believe the store is down.

Anyway, Back to the top. Looks like thehre will be an ok turn out.

Check the first post to get a list of who is suposed to come.

Dr Evil
I don't see a list in the first post. What gives? Is this a trap?
fitsbain
Sorry my bad, it's actually in the 5th.

But it looks like we are up to 7 people so far.
fitsbain
Time to bump this back to the top.

We are getting close people and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
fitsbain
Back to the top and more updates on people.
nomore9one4
Have a great time Brian. Wish I could make it sad.gif I hope the rain stays away. driving.gif
fitsbain
Bob -

Just give me a call and stop out some time.

And thanks
grasshopper
hmmm... I am in Winchester VA right now...quite a long distance... I have my leaners license now, so as long as my dad will ride in the passenger seat, I will be there. I have to ask. Sounds like it will be fun!
scottb
man.... wish i could make it.

have the company picnic that weekend(kinda mandatory for management) and i want to drop my engine/trany this sunday anyway. take lots of pics for those who couldn't attend!!!

cheers.......

scott
fitsbain
There will be lots of pics.

And if I win the auction for that hulk on ebay that someone posted we will have a sawzall-smiley.gif victim and spare parts for all that attend.

By the way which one of you is bidding against me? Had to be someone here as they bid 91.40 and 109.14.

But it's still mine!!!!!

Anyway

Grasshopper I'm putting you on the list. That means that you have to come. Just like newto914s, once your on the list you have to come. Besides it sounds like you are to be one of our experts in the near future (your learning fast).

Maybe I can learn a thing or 3 from you.

My car came from your neck of the woods, sort of, I towed it home from DC proper.

fitsbain
Ok nso now I'll have 2 of my own teeners at the BBQ. I got the one on EvilBAY for $264. So If you need parts bring your list as I may have something for you. No promises, but who knows.

This will be one of the lasts bumps before the BBQ so come on and let me know you will be here.
grasshopper
will you need a another sawzall? smile.gif
Rrrockhound
I threw my hat in earlier but now I'm afraid I have to back out as my job is sending me out of town for 5 weeks. mad.gif This sucks. This will be the 3rd car or driving-related event I've had to cancel this year because of my godd**m job. fighting19.gif

Sorry.
fitsbain
Rrrrockhound - Nope can't do it. there is no backing out!!! Really it's ok. There is another get together down in VA in september.

Grasshopper - If you got a saw bring it. I don't even own one. It's like jackstands I only have 2 but that is a good thing I think. Lets the teener keep a few wheels on the ground.

I will try to have a torch avalible so that will help too.
fitsbain
This was down on page 5 and with only 2 days left I thought it should come to the top.

Come one come all and bring a sawzall-smiley.gif
grasshopper
...ok, looks like rain might be in the schedual. If it is raining when we get up, then we wont be driving the 914 sad.gif.... but we will come regardless.
fitsbain
Great!!!

Bring a sawzall-smiley.gif .

And a list of parts you need.
newto914s
Just a friendly bump boldblue.gif
I'm coming out. If for some reason you don't see me tomorrow, it's cause I broke down on the turnpike biggrin.gif
I'm psyched
Samson
grasshopper
what time!!!!????!!! I cant find it anywhere!
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif
fitsbain
Sorry guys

All day

I'm starting around 8 AM

I imagine most will show between 10 and noon.

Can't wait to see you there.

Call if you need help

Brian
(724)622-6265
grasshopper
ok, we are leaving now, (7:35), so we will be there around 10:00-10:30..if we dont get caught in much rain. We decided to drive the 914 regardless....smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.