Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEXANS: Sundays at H&H
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LowGT
Right after I bought my 914 I found out my boss has a 911SC. She used to drive it everyday but something happened and it needed work, so she stopped driving it for a while. Apparently she used to live in Plano and took it to a mechanic there, but hasn't since she moved because she thought he retired. When she described him and how he works I said it sounds like Wes, and gave her the number to get ahold of him. Turns out we were talking about the same person, so she was excited to have her car back in his hands.

Anyway, she told me he comes in on Sundays because some of the 914 guys come over on Sundays and shoot the shit. So my question is who normally goes and are you guys still going?

I've done a lot to the '14 to get it back on the road and I'm stuck at getting the timing and fuel right. My brakes are still weak too after replacing the entire system and bleeding it several times. So I'm pretty much ready to throw in the towel and have Wes tie up these loose ends so I can get the registered and drive it.

LowGT
Where did all the Texans go? smile.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(LowGT @ May 21 2006, 09:53 AM) *

Where did all the Texans go? smile.gif

Washington.
jr91472
I met Wes through the people here, but I am not part of the Sunday meet.. sad.gif
tat2dphreak
first I've heard of it...
LowGT
Hmmm, I'll have to drive by there next Sunday and see.

I managed to fix my timing and fuel this weekend. Car drives like a bat out of hell now with the 44IDF's back on it. Just have to sort out the brakes now.
Grngoat
I think that technically he is working on Sundays. But of course he does do a lot of cigar chomping and chatting. I've never been there specifically to bs, but I have gone there to drop off a transaxle or parts and end up spending quite a bit of time chatting. I've never been there during the week so I don't know if it's the same way or not.
tat2dphreak
that's not just sundays... I sometimes stop by to BS, there's always someone there BSing... biggrin.gif
LowGT
QUOTE(Grngoat @ May 21 2006, 11:26 PM) *

he does do a lot of cigar chomping and chatting.

Funny you mention that, I asked my boss if I could see her invoice so I could see his labor fees and stuff. She laughed and showed it to me. It had a dime-sized burn hole in the middle of it from his cigar. smoke.gif

Hey Wayne, when are you going to get your car back on the road? I'm going to need someone to drive around with soon! poke.gif biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
well, it's back on it's feet... front-end is complete... I just need to weld a couple of spots, fix the oil leak(temp sender seal), and install the interior...
Rusty
Wes is a really neat guy to talk to. I'm not sure who hangs out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rich Johnson, Clay Perrine and Joe Yoder weren't some of the usual suspects.

But at least during this... it's Wes explaining "How Stuff Works"

-Rusty smoke.gif
tat2dphreak
yea, I've met Rich there and drooled on his car, and Joe yoder was the one who directed me to Wes in the first place...
ClayPerrine
I don't get over there too much. It's a bit of a haul for me.

But yes, Wes will stop and BS with you if you show up.

Plus, you never know who is going to be hanging out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.