Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint colors, Adraitic Blue & Albert Blue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Does anyone have pictures to compare Adriatic Blue with an Albert Blue car? Are they the same?

Thanks
So.Cal.914
I believe this is adraitic blue, I don't know what albert blue is.
DEC
Adriatic blue is L50E rocking nana.gif

Albert blue never heard before confused24.gif

davep
16 Adriatic Blue
18 Albert Blue
Albert blue was not used on the 914
these are the Porsche codes used on the 911 and 914/6 as in 1610 and 1810, so they are different colors
retrotech
QUOTE(davep @ May 21 2006, 06:28 AM) *

16 Adriatic Blue
18 Albert Blue
Albert blue was not used on the 914
these are the Porsche codes used on the 911 and 914/6 as in 1610 and 1810, so they are different colors

I know Albert was a 911 color. I was hoping someone had pictures fo both to compare. My 914 is Adriatic blue, buut I am considering Mexico Blue & Abert Blue.
Gustl
this one is alberta blue
Gustl
and this one adriatic blue
gopack
I really like the look of the alberta blue!
retrotech
Much bigger difference than I thought. Thanks for the pictures. I am still leaning toward Mexico Blue.
Gint
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 21 2006, 12:38 PM) *

and this one adriatic blue

IPB Image

Dude! Tell me more about the wheels on that car. 5 lug steelies? If not, please tell us more!
Lou W
Here is Riviera Blue, which my understanding is the same as Mexican Blue. I picked up a pint of two stage paint to shoot part of my car with to see if I'm gonna stick with it for my color selction.
retrotech
Please let me know what you think. Send picture if you can.

Thanks retro356@gorge.net
Gustl
QUOTE(Gint @ May 22 2006, 01:33 AM) *

Dude! Tell me more about the wheels on that car. 5 lug steelies? If not, please tell us more!

standard wheels on the 914/6 were 5 1/2 x 15" painted steel wheels, Chrome was optional
Lou W
Here's a little dab of the Riviera Blue, I'll actually paint the rockers, most likley this coming week.
retrotech
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 21 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Here's a little dab of the Riviera Blue, I'll actually paint the rockers, most likley this coming week.

do you have a picture of your car?
Lou W
QUOTE(retrotech @ May 21 2006, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ May 21 2006, 09:36 PM) *

do you have a picture of your car?

It's just primered at this time, I want to paint the rockers first to make sure that I'm gonna like the color, sometimes the color can look diferent on the computer compared to the actual car. smile.gif
Gustl
while browsing the web for some fuchs pictures I accidently came across this mexico blue 911 wink.gif

IPB Image

wavey.gif Gustl
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 21 2006, 05:03 PM) *

Here is Riviera Blue, which my understanding is the same as Mexican Blue. I picked up a pint of two stage paint to shoot part of my car with to see if I'm gonna stick with it for my color selction.

Hey, that picture looks very famililar!! biggrin.gif I think I took that at Parade '04!

--DD
Lou W
Dave,

How come the picture in my collection looks a little greyer than the blue Porsche that Gustl just posted? Were you really the one that took the picture I have?
Dave_Darling
If you got it from the Bird site, then it is almost certainly my photo. (A quick Google tells me that the location certainly appears to be the church parking lot where I was manning a Rally check-point in '04, a little ways outside Fort Worth. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that's my pic!)

Colors can be different depending on a wide variety of factors. For instance, the day I took those pictures it was quite grey--it rained hard on us about half an hour after the pic, in fact!

Also, my camera doesn't seem to be the best at capturing vivid colors. I've noticed a distinct difference between my pics of some things and at least one other person's.

...And so on.

--DD
Lou W
I'm pretty sure that I got it off the Bird's site...

When I paint the car, I think I'll schedule it on a cloudy day. biggrin.gif

Thanks Dave beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.