Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Messages...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
Not sure what is hapnin... confused24.gif
Rand
If you're running a standards-compliant browser like Firefox, you'll get that. This version of IPB works best with Microsoft's IE browser.
BigDBass
I get it too. I'm using Firefox. I didn't realize it didn't happen with IE!

My workaround when I feel the need is to use the "Quote/reply" button and just read the text in the editor box.
swood
I don't want to use IE cause I can't remember my logon password... headbang.gif

I like firefox way betta anyways. But the missing post info sux when searching for how to tips on things.
newto914s
agree.gif
I can remember my passwords, but IE can suck my B*lls. What can we do to make the software work better with Firefox.
Samson
Rand
If you are running an old version of IE, here's an upgrade link to version 7. Much better security, tabbed browsing, etc...

IE 7 upgrade from Microsoft
So.Cal.914
Oh I definitly want problems viewing this site, sign me up.........Twice! dry.gif
Eric Taylor
Me too, just didn't want to bother andy as he has already done so much. I've got a mac using the most up to date version of safari. No IE for mac anymore either.
Eric
DEC
QUOTE(swood @ May 20 2006, 10:44 PM) *

I don't want to use IE cause I can't remember my logon password... headbang.gif

I like firefox way betta anyways. But the missing post info sux when searching for how to tips on things.

agree.gif
I use Netscape ( I think is the same browser engine like Firefox)
and I have a strong aversion for IE sawzall-smiley.gif barf.gif
lotus_65
no trouble on my mac, firefox or safari.

sorry, spoke too soon. definitly wrong on firefox. safari's good though.
davep
I use Firefox and yes there is the problem. However, by using Firefox I did not get hit by the Trojan the hackers nailed the IE guys with. The only time I use IE to view the site is when I want to save a full page into a single file (.mht). That is good for archiving great threads. Maybe the IPB developers would like to make their software compliant to the standard, so there will be less bitching from users.
botoo
I don't want to use IE cause I can't remember my logon password...

My Internet Explorer remembers my password. I don't have to put it in each time.
skline
QUOTE(davep @ May 21 2006, 06:36 AM) *

I use Firefox and yes there is the problem. However, by using Firefox I did not get hit by the Trojan the hackers nailed the IE guys with. The only time I use IE to view the site is when I want to save a full page into a single file (.mht). That is good for archiving great threads. Maybe the IPB developers would like to make their software compliant to the standard, so there will be less bitching from users.

Joe Buckle only uses Firefox and he was hit by the hackers so it was not browser specific. I still only use Firefox and have found that Aaron and Mike usually dont have worthy information to post anyway av-943.gif
tracks914
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm using firefox and don't see any problems at all.
IE and Bill Gates have too much control. Firefox or Netscape is the way to go.
Aaron Cox
it is a quote problem.

the format of quoting changed when the bew version was installed...

everytime i see one like that, i try to hit edit... delete the quote nonsense and requote it. but is wayyyy time consuming...
Mrs. K
Skline should love this post.....

I use AOL and it works just fine for viewing the board biggrin.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
Gint
It's a known issue. Check this thread

As Aaron said, it's a quote formatting issue. Old quotes (prior to the IPB software upgrade) don't render properly in firefox. And since I bought a new macbook, safari seems to have the same issue. Probably Mozilla and netscape as well.

If I run across a fix I'll fix it, but I'm not looking into it real hard. IE will render those quotes as you would like to see them. Try the IE Tab firefox extension. I love that damn thing. But it doesn't work on macosx... sad.gif

IE Tab 1.0.9
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.