Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beautiful Adriatic blue 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Looked at a beautiful Adriatic Blue 914-6 yesterday. Lots of very correct NOS parts. Not many out there this nice.
Craig
Lou W
Sure looks nice, do you have any more pictures? smile.gif
boxstr
Yes
Lou W
How much is this one?
Gint
And you didn't snap it up Craig?!?!
boxstr
This car is a real keeper.
Craig
LvSteveH
I love the color wub.gif
Porsche Rescue
Here is the same car "before".............
davep
So what is the data for my database?
Eric Taylor
Whats the story! Where is it for sale ? How much? I think i'm in love. Student loans?
Eric
Gint
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 21 2006, 10:46 AM) *

This car is a real keeper.
Craig

I guess I need to ask the direct question then.

Craig, why didn't you buy this car?

SGB
Eric I'm with you. I'm smitten. I love this color. Craig, do the mechanicals have the same appeal as the exterior? We could split it, Eric.... Were are you? (edit: Oregon... Great! We'll build up a few miles but WTH.) Insurance might be a little cumbersome but we'll figure it out.
Eric Taylor
Scott sounds good, student loans could pay for half for sure. I'm in love an that's what matters smile.gif.
boxstr
This is a car that I have a chance to buy, there is also another car that is availalbe, a project car with lots of NOS parts.
So I have to decide.
The blue car is extremely well done. Alot of time (1500 hours) and money was spent on the retoration and it shows. In every nook and cranny. Clean,clean,clean.
The car started out a very rust free Calif. car then it became what you see in the pictures.
Only a few items are not concours correct, but nothing major. Euro lenses,Schell seat,Ansa muffler,Prototipo steering wheel. Nothing that can't be put back with little effort.
CCLINHARDTOMAKEUPYOURMIND
Joe Bob
What's he asking?
LvSteveH
QUOTE(boxstr @ May 21 2006, 08:24 PM) *

This is a car that I have a chance to buy, there is also another car that is availalbe, a project car with lots of NOS parts.
So I have to decide.

Simple...... buy both, then decide which one to keep.
Eric Taylor
is the project car a factory 6 too?
boxstr
Yes the project car is a factory six with 43000 miles.
Craig
Brad Roberts
Jim,

is this the car you bought from the Ion the English fellow a few years back now?

Was Adriatic blue the OE color of the car?

Looks great. Wish we had good cheap labor here in SoCal that didnt require a translator..LOL

B
nomore9one4
BUYTHEMBOTHYOUCSOB biggrin.gif that would be a hard decision. confused24.gif
Porsche Rescue
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 23 2006, 08:54 AM) *

Brad,
No that is the car below. It went to Camp 914 and then to a fellow in Washinton who plans to restore it.
The beautiful restored Adriatic blue car is the lighter green one I posted earlier. It was originally blue. I bought it in San Jose in '02 and drove it to Portland. It had very short gears and a sport exhaust. What a trip, needed 4400 rpm for 80mph.
It had a fresh stock engine but needed body/paint work but no rust. I sold it after a few months to the current owner who did a full resto.

boxstr
Not Jim but I did sleep in a Holiday inn last night. Bradley the green car from Ian I bought from Jim and traded to Steve Hebert in Washougal Wash.

CCLINGOOGLEME
Brad Roberts
Gotcha. Just trying to keep up with you guy's..!!

B
Gint
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 10:46 AM) *

Gotcha. Just trying to keep up with you guy's..!!

B

That isn't possible...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.