Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do I get new hard brake lines for my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I would like to replace my brake lines in my 914 with new ones. All new runs from M/C to the wheels.

Where do I get the hard line? Is is stainless?

Do I just buy bulk stock and bend and flare the tubes to fit?

Thanks,

Bill P.
LowGT
I replaced the front ones. I bought pre-flared lines and bent them myself, I'm pretty sure you won't find pre-bent lines anywhere. Mine weren't stainless but it didn't bother me since rust isn't an issue in this area.

I saw an evilbay auction for a complete set of pre-flared lines. You just have to bend them. I don't know anything about the seller or the quality of the line though.

Dan
lapuwali
Bill, your FLAPS will have flared hard lines with the correct end fittings in various lengths, unbent. Just measure, buy, and bend to fit. I did this on one of my rear hard lines recently, when a fitting broke. The FLAPS lines was almost exactly the right length, and bending it to very close to the stock shape was quite easy (as in no tools reaquired, just use your hands).

nine14cats
Thanks Guys!

Bill P.
jr91472
agree.gif

Got mine at Autozone. Take an old one with you and make sure you get the right fittings beer.gif
jd74914
Yep thats exactly what I did last weekend. I even got them @ Autozone.
echocanyons
Slight hijack. hijacked.gif

Do you really need the bends like the factory cars in the rear trailing arms? It seems as though the brakeline movement is all by the soft lines.

Are there any worries or safety issues with using a straight shot or nearly straight shot to the caliper?
jd74914
QUOTE(echocanyons @ May 21 2006, 08:21 PM) *

Slight hijack. hijacked.gif

Do you really need the bends like the factory cars in the rear trailing arms? It seems as though the brakeline movement is all by the soft lines.

Are there any worries or safety issues with using a straight shot or nearly straight shot to the caliper?

You don't need all of those bends. A few are necessary but a bunch aren't so necessay at least IMHO. I didn't put them all back in. I didn't go with a totally straight shot either tho. smile.gif
wilchek
Spend a couple bucks more and get a bedning tool. Easy hand held device that assures a correct bend and no pinching.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.