Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.56 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
idea.gif Any ideas on how much H.P. I have? 2.0 case ..96 mm forged aluminium flat top pistons,balanced rods and crank,all new stock valves,mild cam, HD valve springs,HD oil pump, SS exchangers,stock FI.
Qarl
Must be some big ass crank to get 2.56 liters... I think it's 2.056 liters.

If what you say is what your engine has.. "maybe" 105 to 110 HP. It depends on if the heads were worked over or not. Just my wild ass guess.

Stock is 95 HP. The bigger pistons will get you to around 100. The cam and any head work may give you another 5+

Jake would know.
Jake Raby
Its hard to break 115 without head work and a nice CR bump....
72914S
Only a stock crank. I was in hopes I might get 120 with the balancing and the new cam,darn! I did do a little tweeking on the heads not much though, opened up the intake a tad,opened the exhaust a tad and polished it up From what I`ve read while doing this project the lightened fly wheel will make it seem like more anyway.
Bleyseng
Atleast the engine will spin up faster, which feels good. Without head porting 105hp I'd say. Most stockers don't make 95hp.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Just from the few pulls I have done on stockers.. they rarely get over 85 at the wheels. I'm betting 105+ with stock HE's.

B
Bleyseng
At the rear wheels most of the stockers barely hit 80hp. Dave Hunts MS car hit 80hp when he dyno tuned it.
The best my 2056 has done was 95hp on a dyno. Lots of head porting on my motor and stock FI that has been tuned.

Geoff
72914S
Thanks for all the info.Now all I`m waiting on is the retired Porsche tech to finish the installation and tuning of my rebuild. Never tell the tech that there is "no rush,I been working on this for six years,and I want it right". He`s had it for a month.Maybe this week driving.gif cause I`m ready now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.