pix of cars on the showfield...
type47
more
type47
babydoll made it after ken did a winters worth of work on her
type47
last one is me
jim_hoyland
Nice, thanks for sharing. It's always interesting how many 914's come out of nowwhere, especially when there's a show--very nice. beer.gif
Gint
Nice pics! Thanks
wilchek
what show was this and when.

grasshopper
did you tell them about 914club?? looked like a lot of fun.
Dr Evil
When was this???
Poor-sche Lover
It was this weekend, May 19-21. I know because my brother and dad are there, and I was supposed to be with them. Damn my work obligations! It's too close to finals/graduation to take a few days off.
type47
it's an annual show and one of many at the carlisle PA fairgrounds. search for "cars at carlisle". dr evil: there was a guy giving away side shifters.... (just kidding)

for those new to the east coast or don't know about what car shows are happening, there is a "bug-out" to be held at the manassas fair grounds the sunday of memorial day weekend. it is for VW's but of course, NARP could be considered JAVW. bug out is repeated labor day weekend too.
plas76targa
"there was a guy giving away side shifters.... (just kidding)"

av-943.gif
nomore9one4
I did not know the show was this weekend mad.gif Its just aswell, if I had gone it would have rained. That silver car looks like my old 75' idea.gif
zymurgist
Wow... I never waw the green or silver cars at Carlisle. 914's were once again the best represented of the Porsche models, unless you count the 356/550 replicars. Thanks for taking some pics...
Babydoll
Jim, so you found Babydoll even tho' she couldn't find you! Thanks for the pics - now you see why I keep her headlights under a bra, the drivers side one is a little crooked. Oh well, she's running GREAT with her new clutch, steel fuel lines, and all her other new perks. By the way, I saw by your sign-on that Babydoll II (does everyone know that Babydoll was yours before she was mine?) is getting a 2.0 engine, judging from the GA call letters. Is that the one from the boxes? If so, CONGRATS! I'll be on the look-out for another white streak on the roads around here...
;-) Caroline
jsf322
Actually that silver car is my 1976. I didn't know anyone else from the club was there. I spent most of the day away from my car and with the guys from FLU (Fiat Lancia Unlimited). You made my car look better than it is. Thanks.
dhs
QUOTE(type47 @ May 21 2006, 02:42 PM) *

babydoll made it after ken did a winters worth of work on her

The black 76 is mine and will be heading out again this year. Hope to see more 914's this year . I was the only one 4 years ago (maybe one other over by the BMW's) and they didn't know where to park me. This year's show, May 18th to 20th, 2007. 15 bucks a bargain. More 914's would be GREAT
VaccaRabite
Dag, I did ot even know there was acar show last weekend. And Local to me.

If folks are going to shows, post up about it here. Let the rest of us know about it.

Zach
jonferns
sounds very interesting....I would love to go....where is it (maybe an address???) and time/date/etc........cant wait.....biggrin.gif
zymurgist
Actually, the show this year is May 18-20. I'll likely be there with the tail dragger... I had Babydoll last year because I was handing her back to her owner after a winter of work.

(And now she's coming back because apparently she's only hitting on 2 cylinders. sad.gif )
type47
you are all in luck because Import/Kit car Carlisle is the weekend of MAY 18th, 2007! you can pre-register for $15 and park on the show field and it includes admission for you and another person. not alot of 914 parts, alot of british and swedish, but a good time. beats mowing the lawn...

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/

look at the dates on the posts. they are last years...

i'm already registered.
zymurgist
Lots of mid engine cars, too! Seems like the Fiero contingent gets bigger every year, and most of those guys are putting small blocks in their cars.

The kit cars are pretty cool, too... lots of nice Speedster replicas.

I got my registration in just now. $15 is a screaming bargain... the Corvette show in August is $55.
jonferns
so..is there like a flyer or something??? and where is it being held???
GS Guy
This should be a really good show this year - be worth the drive just to see the RCR 917! Knock on wood for good weather!
Jeff
zymurgist
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 24 2007, 08:23 AM) *

so..is there like a flyer or something??? and where is it being held???

The show:
http://carsatcarlisle.com/import/index.asp

The directions:
http://tinyurl.com/2r7srh

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 23 2007, 11:35 PM) *

you are all in luck because Import/Kit car Carlisle is the weekend of MAY 18th, 2007!

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/

Cool!

I'm busy on the 19th and 20th, but I'd be able to go over after work and see what is there friday until close.

I'm putting it on my calendar.

Zach
jonferns
so...alot of 914's there????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.