Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed sensor in 930 in-op any thoughts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
So I have a converted renegade 930 and have worked through testing my vehicle speed sensor. The tests show the fault is in the trans. The pick up in the trans works but there may or may not be any magnets installed.
The pick up is a reed valve which is pulled down by the magnets and the reason I know it's (the pick up) good is I am able to trigger it with a large magnet from outside the transmission. I can get another reed valve trigger and try to duplicate the mag/pick up using magnets on the CV joint flange.
Brain storming needed... type.gif
Joe Bob
GPS....
drive-ability
QUOTE(mikez @ May 21 2006, 08:34 PM) *

GPS....

Thanks for that suggestion but I would like to get the speedo in the car working alfred.gif
Joe Bob
Then fix it the right way.... finger.gif
wbergtho
I didn't quite understand your problem. If it is the sensor plate in the trans....you can replace it for around $120 (by yourself)...if it is the sensor that plugs into the sidecover...you can call CA Motorsports and ask for Bobby Hart. He's the guy who does all the trans work for Renegade. He'll probably just send you a nice usable used one for nothing.

Bill
drive-ability
QUOTE(wbergtho @ May 21 2006, 10:52 PM) *

I didn't quite understand your problem. If it is the sensor plate in the trans....you can replace it for around $120 (by yourself)...if it is the sensor that plugs into the sidecover...you can call CA Motorsports and ask for Bobby Hart. He's the guy who does all the trans work for Renegade. He'll probably just send you a nice usable used one for nothing.

Bill

Bill,
Thanks for the information, really didn't know how to address the issue inside the transmission. I have no problem going in the transmission however I couldn't find any support information/diagrams/pictures to guide me along. It looks like the transmission side cover can be removed and I can access the parts that way. I am however not sure of this. I appreciate the input. type.gif John

IPB Image

Mikez,
If you have some input about going in the transmission and replacing/adjusting the speed sensor nows the time to chime in.
ClayPerrine
The magnets that trigger the reed switch are located in a disk that is put between the diff and it's side bearing. It goes on the opposite side from the ring gear.

If it is missing, there will be no signal for the speedo.

You have to pull the tranny back apart to put it in.

drive-ability
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 22 2006, 09:42 AM) *

The magnets that trigger the reed switch are located in a disk that is put between the diff and it's side bearing. It goes on the opposite side from the ring gear.

If it is missing, there will be no signal for the speedo.

You have to pull the tranny back apart to put it in.

Clay,
Thanks for that information, I have my trunk and trunk firewall removed I may be able to remove that large side plate in the car. Does that sound feasible?
IPB Image
shocked[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.