Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT -Weekend Recap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

How'd we do this weekend guys and gals. I got a bunch of housework done, waxed the 914, bbq'ed. Great weekend.

How bout you?

JoeSharp
I had a wonderful weekend. I went up 395 to Manzanar. Watched some cars go around an airport runway.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Bartlett 914
I did an engine swap and got my 914 on the road. burnout.gif
jhadler
Got the seats and harnesses installed. The engine's still on the engine stand though... dry.gif

-Josh2
Mike D.
I started to instal a new stereo, then found a couple misc. wires. droped the fuse box to check things, broke out the wire diagram. relized cig lighter didn't work so pulled it to replace. Then took the knee pad out to get more room to work. Check the antena and found the wire broken, tried to replace it with a auto one, didn't fit. then I figured I replace the dash with a recovered one I've had for years. The top vinyl need replacing too, so did the lower windsheild seal. So pulled and cracked the windshield... now pretty much all of the interior is out of the car...

Oh, and the new stereo never even made it out of the box... headbang.gif
rcrgrl
Got my car back from the beauty shop. All pretty again. And welded underneath. Left my celica in anaheim in favor of driving the 914 this week -so of course, it rained last night and i couldn't put it in the garage cause the 2.0 is in peieces all ove rthe floor so it was me in rain arguing with an old blue tarp at 9pm last night dripping wet. fun stuff - i love this car!
Rand
On the 914, pulled the intake system off and cleaned the runners up. Shaved, sealed, and painted the plenum (more to that story... cleaning up the tits from the taps... no smog stuff, decel valve, aar, cold start, etc.)

Other than that, took a chance to relax while the wife was out of town. BBQed. Had some good racing action with my son on XBox Forza.
BigDBass
914: Replaced black Hirschmann antenna with chrome Hirschmann antenna. Fumbled around and made little progress on front brakes/bearings problem. Replaced rear bumper top. Cleaned off a bunch of wax buildup on front bumper top. Replaced rusty screws in fog grilles with steel and cleaned up associated rust stains. Replaced passenger window crank that I have no idea how I broke. Cursed brakes/bearings for keeping me in garage doing that other stuff instead of driving it. Cursed brakes/bearings again for making me feel clueless and angry.

non-914: Received 2nd warranteed replacement of dining room table. Received lots of stuff I don't recognize at our baby shower! smile.gif
effutuo101
Got paged. worked, went to a friends house to help unwrap the wireing harness. got some edges taped and ready, got most of the sand out of the harness and went home and made my wife dinner.
grasshopper
Welded up front trunck seal channels, worked on my welding....
wertygrog
I picked away (furiously and barfingly) on THIS:

did you know that human vomit helps loosen up old undercoating? barf.gif

haha brent.
grasshopper
QUOTE(wertygrog @ May 22 2006, 05:32 PM) *

did you know that human vomit helps loosen up old undercoating? barf.gif

haha brent.

no, I didn't know that... but I do know after looking at those pics, that it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth barf.gif
Aaron Cox
went to manzanar/lone pine with some 914 non club members....

sunday i towed my car home to where i can finish it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.