Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seats installed...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Finally got the Corbeau Forza seats installed in the teener this weekend. I know some other people ha asked me about them, and I said I'd let you know when they were installed. I figured just starting a thread would be the easiest way.

A couple issues:

1) The "adapter" rails that came with the seats are nearly worthless. Not entirely though... Nothing a drill press, a grinding wheel and a rat tailed file couldn't solve. Apart from needing to drill new holes in the factory seat rails to fit the seats, the handle needs to be removed so the seat can be adjusted. The stock lever hits the seat before it can release the latch. So off with the handle. Still adjusts and locks just fine, just less of a lever to grab hold of is all.

2) If you're tall, it'll be close. With the roof on, and my open face helmet, there's about an inch to spare. I can barely get a finger between the roof and the top of my helmet. No interference, but it's close. If I were any taller, it might be an issue to autox with the roof on. I'm 5' 6"...

3) The bolstered seats accentuate the oddities of a hand-built car. On my car the seat and the steering wheel are not aligned. The steering wheel and pedal cluster are a couple inches to the right of center with the seat mounted on the factory rails. I plan on moving the seat over to center it, but right now, it's okay. After 15 seconds in the seat you don't notice anymore...

There are the "issues" I've noticed. Still, a nice seat, and a good price.

-Josh2
djm914-6
The only reason I added a headliner to my was was because I kept scratching the heck out of my helmet after installing those seats.

How's the fit with the e-brake handle? I tore my seat there and need to find a better way to access the handle.
jhadler
Seeing as I don't use my e-brake, I couldn't say. But it looks like plenty of room in there if it's well adjusted. Keep it adjusted tight and I doub't there'd be a problem.

Especially if you were to actually -center- the seat. Then there would be plenty of room I'd guess.

But as I said, I don't use my e-brake anymore, so wouldn't be able to say for sure.

-Josh2
Andyrew
I cut all of the factory mounts off, and made new ones. Sit about an inch and a half lower.

PITA to do though...

These are off brand corbeau's.
Dave-O
QUOTE(jhadler @ May 22 2006, 11:49 AM) *

2) If you're tall, it'll be close. With the roof on, and my open face helmet, there's about an inch to spare. I can barely get a finger between the roof and the top of my helmet. No interference, but it's close. If I were any taller, it might be an issue to autox with the roof on. I'm 5' 6"...

3) The bolstered seats accentuate the oddities of a hand-built car. On my car the seat and the steering wheel are not aligned. The steering wheel and pedal cluster are a couple inches to the right of center with the seat mounted on the factory rails. I plan on moving the seat over to center it, but right now, it's okay. After 15 seconds in the seat you don't notice anymore...
-Josh2

I'm pretty sure that all cars had the steering wheel a little bit to the right of the seat. I moved my seat (Butler Aluminum) over as far as I could but it's still a little bit off. I can't move it over any more without raising the seat up as it hits the center tunnel. Right now my helmet is "just" below the roof line( I'm 6'). I would like to lower the seat but I like having the rails to adjust for different drivers. Those seats look nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.