Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT /theorizing....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
has this conversion been done? seems to me it would be a great thing to do to an old transporter......but would it fit ....???
Cap'n Krusty
That would be me. Drove a 73 bus with a 2.4 and a 901 for 10 years, sold it, got it back, sold it to Mark Britell, and he drove it for several years before we rebodied the drivetrain. I did the 5 speed conversion before I did the engine, and it was a big improvement over the 4 speed bus tranny. Not all that difficult to do, all things considered, and I did it so virtually every part was available from VW and Porsche aftermarket sources. The Cap'n
smontanaro
ISTR an article about that conversion many years ago in one of the old VW rags.

Skip
GeorgeRud
Sol Snyderman of Perfect Power in Libertyville, IL did a conversion of a Vanagen with a 3.2 911 engine - very neat. I believe the factory also did some on Synchro Vanagens for family members - 4 wheel drive and power.

How about a 911 engine powered Thing?
pete-stevers
i love the look of the thing!!! that would be a gud one to do as well....
Bleyseng
John Walker in Seattle has done two and is doing a doublecab soon
davep
I know of one done here in Ontario close to 20 years ago. The Go pedal speaks with authority when it is connected to a six.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.