rhodyguy
oops
rhodyguy
follow the screw driver. spherical insert. wink.gif

kevin
Jeroen
Hey Kevin,

Is that all there is to it?
Those monoball housings sure look small...

Do you have any pics of the inserts out of the strutmount?
And where did you get 'em / how much...

cheers,

Jeroen
914Timo
Looking those pics I just cant help wondering how much those will bring noise inside to the car ??

I do understand that it doesnt matter in racecar, but are they really worth even in 50/50 street &track car ??

Have anybody ever calculated or measured how big the difference in wheel angle is if the top can moves for example 1mm or 0.04 inch ??

Just wondering...... blink.gif
Jeroen
Hey Timo,

The amount of noise is almost zero
I have no more rubber parts in my 911's suspension and ripped out all the interiour sound deadning stuff
It's no where near as bad as you'd expect...

cheers,

Jeroen
rhodyguy
here's a back side shot. i'm sure they will transmit some vibration. my thought is the old (30 years) allow lots of adjustment. unfortunately in an uncontroled fashion. i can't see a big down side when compaired to the ratcheted down cars i have seen. triads. contact dave ellison. on that note, how can he list a link in the parts/products forum?

kevin
rhodyguy
some other stuff for when it's apart. ttr's and ball joints.

kevin
914Timo
I have to say I was very surprised when I chaced the A-arm bushings to the brass ones. They didnt increase the noice, but they made the steering very sharp and accurate. Now it is nearly like go-cart-car .... rolleyes.gif
boxstr
Good morning, I have changed a couple of 914s to T-rod ends and have beeen extremely happy. The one thing that made a big difference was the 4 wheel alignment.
I think that alone could make allot of of 914 owners very happy and they could see a difference for not allot of $$.
Just a thought.
Kevin sorry to read about your car being stolen, how has everything washed out??
CCLINPD@105+
fiid
MMMMMMMMM Tie rods of turbo.

Fiid.
Jeroen
So, what holds the two halves of the insert together, the nut on the top of the strut?
(i.o.w. will the inserts fall out of the strutmounts if you remove the strut)

I've seen a few different designs for these bearings, but on all of them the top and bottom half are screwed together

Or am I missing something here?

cheers,

Jeroen
rhodyguy
a bottom seat is welded in and the spherical bushing is retained by a large circlip. the big nut on the strut still does the retaining. the top rubber is cut in half. it sits in the stock location and is window dressing only. the unit looks stock when installed. there are a few local 914's and 11's running them. who? only the cheaters know. laugh.gif

kevin
Jeroen
Ok, now that makes sence
Thanks for clearing it up

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
Looks like Kevin is coming along fine to turning the car into a AX machine.

'Bout time...

Geoff
rhodyguy
thanks geoff, i'm trying. but you know how i operate. it takes me a month to decide how i'm going to do a 2 day job. resisting the urge to turn the car into a chiropractic nighmare. i'm screwed when it's time to take the ride to fordal. a day in beautiful redmond. hope there is a movie theater nearby.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.