Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to make A-X relevant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
Even in the everyday commute, it seems we all have to deal with the traffic cones in construction zones, the curbs. light stanchions, sign posts, etc. along the right-of-way. Let us bring our speed events up to the reality of today's driving requirements. We should be timing our car/driver element while said driver is talking on his cell AND holding a cup of his favorite HOT breakfast beverage. (Add a 2 sec penalty if cup has lid). If a bagel, biscuit, donut or croissant is eaten during timing, 2 seconds are credited to the drivers' elapsed time. Just make sure the corner workers stand even further away than they do now, laugh.gif and don't forget to get the waivers signed re: hot coffee spills. laugh.gif
So.Cal.914
av-943.gif

In my 4x4 I hit them intentionaly, do I get pinalised if they make it all the way to the sidewalk, or time off?
Joe Ricard
I got yelled at from the wife once. row of cones down the middel of the road. We were even in the 914. "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT"
Man she knew exactly what I was thinking.

She hates riding with me because I always pass two or three cars coming to an on/off ramp by late braking and late apexing the curve. with a full mash of the gas coming out usually way faster than merging traffic.

lapuwali
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 22 2006, 05:03 PM) *

I got yelled at from the wife once. row of cones down the middel of the road. We were even in the 914. "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT"
Man she knew exactly what I was thinking.

She hates riding with me because I always pass two or three cars coming to an on/off ramp by late braking and late apexing the curve. with a full mash of the gas coming out usually way faster than merging traffic.

I did that once in my then-girlfriend's Miata, except I got REALLY sideways directly in front of the person I just passed. I managed to hang onto it, and got it back with only a slight fishtail. Several seconds after we entered the freeway, all I heard from the passenger's seat was a faint "cool".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.