Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Penske P-cars place 1 & 2 overall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DanT
It was only a matter of time....I think they could have won last year at Laguna, the last minute fuel stop was just for appearances. I don't think Penske or Porsche wanted to show their hand too soon wink.gif
Jeroen
How come Audi was out in the R8 and not the R10 diesel?
drew365
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 22 2006, 05:09 PM) *

How come Audi was out in the R8 and not the R10 diesel?

The R10's are in Europe preparing for LeMans next month.
ConeDodger
It is odd that Audi was in the R8's but they did announce that in advance... The R10 is the real deal though, and Porsche will have to answer. I know a couple of guys who think the answer will be a 4.0 liter flat 8.
70Sixter
It is also possible that LMP1 will crumble. I personally think that is why Porsche went LMP2. If Audi R10 is the only P1 competitor, why have P1? The Porsche miserable failure at Sebring was probably not all bad. Also note Flying Lizard victory in GT2!
jimtab
Speaking of the R10s I read somewhere that the driver was saying that the noise of the air rushing into his HELMET was distracting him and he was going to tape up the holes before LeMans....how quiet is that sucker anyhow?
ChrisFoley
What did you guys win for being the one millionth visitor to that site?
I won a Free* computer, then I won a Free* plasma TV on the next visit.
URY914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 25 2006, 03:48 AM) *

What did you guys win for being the one millionth visitor to that site?
I won a Free* computer, then I won a Free* plasma TV on the next visit.

Plasma TV biggrin.gif

Great, I'll be able to watch LeMans on a new TV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.