Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LukeD
I am having a random hesitation so here is a litle history

About 2 weeks ago my 2 liter started cutting out every once in a while so I put it on jack stands because it needed brakes, tires and tune up anyway.

I replaced the cap, rotor, plugs and wires. I also took off the throttle body to clean it and check the TPS. After taking off the cover of the TPS I notice some slight grooving on one of the connections. I clean everything up and put it all back together. I just took the car for a long (20 mile) drive and it cut out on my about 2 times, just for a split second and not even close to how often it was before I replaced everything, but it seemed to still be there. So question

1. Can the TPS cause this? I have heard of others un-plugging the TPS and the car still ran so I just want to eliminate that possibility. I have another TB and TPS that look brand new but I wanted to get all the use out of this one that I can.

2. If I do replace the TB and TPS is it difficult yo adjust it? I looked in the Hayes manual and it says the dealer has specialized tools to do it and offered no proceedure for adjusting it.

3 OT, what causes a Amplifier to whine in the speakers? I replaced a failed amp with another and now I have a whine in my speakers. I used the same wiring which is high quality, high guage stuff.

Note: my wiring harness is in near perfect shape and I checked all of my harness conections. I even squeezed a little dialectric grease in all of the harness plugs.

Any help is apprieciated.

Luke D
echocanyons
tps adjust is pretty easy
tod914
If it cuts out at the same speed/rpm (hesitates etc.) could be the tps. Easy to set up, Jeff Bowsby sells the test connector. You just need to let him know how many prong your tps is. Essentially when u have it hooked up to the volt meter there is a point where it zero's out when your rotating it. Thats where u set it. I took the cap off it when i was testing that and noted the spot inside the tsp where the prongs line up to. Its like a blank spot on that circut board. I just set it that way now, its easier. Hanyes describes the set up well. Even I was able to do it tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.