Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arao Engineering..interesting stuff..claim to have a 2.8 /4 w/260hp 24
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Arao Engineering

Thought some might like to see some of this stuff....32valve heads for most V8 engines as well as 16valve heads for Type I's....who knows, they might be able to mod them for a Type IV?!?!?!

scruz914
$4400 for a pair of the Type I 16 valve heads. Plus whatever it costs for the beefed up block/crank/pistons to go with them. I'm guessing there are cheaper ways to bump up the power. I wouldn't want to do a valve adjustment on those suckers. The look cool though.

-Jeff
MecGen
Hi

Thats some serious head mods/fabrication. Sure is a neet pic, ohya its gonna be expensive $$$$. I used to see stuff coming like that from Pauter (sp) engineering, they where into the 1/4mile Type1s, and made a lot of heads and blocks from scratch. Its been 15 years since I've been into T1s, anybody know them ?.

Another way to do it is with these, they were a prototype in the late 90s. Well designed, made, and tested.

Later

beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
They have been around since the late 60's, but I've never seen one working.

Also Gene Berg's "semi-hemi" chambers were based upon the Arao head.

Jake has talked to them...they are NOT interested in doing a T4 head.
URY914
There is a car in this months Hot VW's with those heads and four single barrel motorcycle carbs with a turbo. What a nightmare. blink.gif
Pugbug
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 23 2006, 05:23 AM) *

They have been around since the late 60's, but I've never seen one working.

Also Gene Berg's "semi-hemi" chambers were based upon the Arao head.

Jake has talked to them...they are NOT interested in doing a T4 head.

Looks to me like they do engineer typeIV heads with exhaust ports on each end ...Same as type 1
Air_Cooled_Nut
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Neat idea. Expensive. I wonder about long-term daily-driver use. I'd rather waste $$$ on a hydraulic valve setup so I wouldn't have to adjust them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.