Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorta OT: Jerry P-car elevator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
http://www.eranshemesh.net/Eran/Projects/WP-Garage-NYC/

Just pictures, no text and no price.
Sparky
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 23 2006, 09:04 AM) *

So if this is Jerry's garage it looks like a multi story garage with a each vehicle having it's own bay on each floor. Perhaps 2 bays per floor. I could be reading the pics wrong. Pretty slick setup regardless.

Mike D.
URY914
Here are some more details of the whole place....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/garage/garage.html

Paul
Jeroen
dunno... maybe if you have an elevator fettish huh.gif
I'd rather have my complete car collection on one floor so I could see all the cars sitting next to each other
this way the effect of the collection is kinda gone

then again, I don't have a car collection so I don't have to worry about this problem either laugh.gif
URY914
I guess he lives close to it so he can walk over and have lunch with his cars.

I'd like an old converted warehouse big enough that I could drive the cars in it in the winter so I wouldn't get the tires dirty.

I was going to post this on Pelican but one of those a-holes would pipe up and brag about being Jerry's buddy and going over all the time. rolleyes.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 23 2006, 06:04 AM) *

Wow...that website sucks in a fancy way.
lapuwali
What suprises me, and would anyone who knows the NYC real estate market, is how CHEAP he did this whole thing.

$880K to buy the building, and $500K to renovate it. Now, $1.4M may not be "cheap" to most people, but that price will just barely buy you a decent 2-bedroom apt in Manhatten (with no garage) totalling maybe 1500 sq ft. Jerry's garage building (including the office space) is 2500sq ft. An 830 sq ft apt with two floors of garage space below it SHOULD cost way more than $1.4M in Manhatten. I suppose commercial space is a LOT cheaper than residential space there.

URY914
QUOTE(lapuwali @ May 23 2006, 09:08 AM) *

What suprises me, and would anyone who knows the NYC real estate market, is how CHEAP he did this whole thing.

$880K to buy the building, and $500K to renovate it. Now, $1.4M may not be "cheap" to most people, but that price will just barely buy you a decent 2-bedroom apt in Manhatten (with no garage) totalling maybe 1500 sq ft. Jerry's garage building (including the office space) is 2500sq ft. An 830 sq ft apt with two floors of garage space below it SHOULD cost way more than $1.4M in Manhatten. I suppose commercial space is a LOT cheaper than residential space there.

I think your're right, it does seem "cheap" per Manhatten $$$. The key is probably that the building is zoned commercial and couldn't be rezoned for residenial space for some reason. It's only wide enough for a garage door anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.