Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shriners Solo II event in Sacramento June 9 and 10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
Last year JP came down for this event. It had about 170 or so cars and Steve N. just about took overall TTOD.
This year it will be a two day event. Who is coming? Camping available on my property if you need it!
Rob
Steve_7x
Joy and I are planning to be there. Need to do more work on the Carbs... It will be great to run at Mather once again.

Hope to see some of you NorCal teeners out there.

Steve

PS: Rob thanks for posting :-)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve_7x @ May 23 2006, 12:48 PM) *

Joy and I are planning to be there. Need to do more work on the Carbs... It will be great to run at Mather once again.

Hope to see some of you NorCal teeners out there.

Steve

PS: Rob thanks for posting :-)

de nada mi amigo...
J P Stein
I won't make it this year. I'm up to my ass in autocross this year & short of all important vacation. Mather is a great venue and I'm sorry to miss it....but I won't miss having Steve kick my ass again biggrin.gif He'll have to wait for the parade for that. alfred.gif
Steve_7x
Rob... we will see you out there... but will it be the 914 or the Boxster?

JP... we will see you at Parade... but since my car is not set-up for really long runs on a race track (it is set-up for 1 minute or so runs and then time to cool off) - I hope I will survive the Parade autocross so that we can run on Saturday after parade as well.

Steve

J P Stein
QUOTE(Steve_7x @ May 23 2006, 05:40 PM) *

JP... we will see you at Parade... but since my car is not set-up for really long runs on a race track (it is set-up for 1 minute or so runs and then time to cool off) - I hope I will survive the Parade autocross so that we can run on Saturday after parade as well.

Steve

Oh, that's right, you get to kick my ass twice...lovely biggrin.gif

The top speed on the Parade course will be 75-80 and that very briefly.
We threw in enuff jinks to slow everything down some but there really are no slow sections. It is certainly a course that some understeer is a good thing as the turn speeds are fairly high...mid range 3rd gear for me....fast enuff so that if you spin
you'll be doing some agricultural racing. I figure TTOD is gonna be around 1.00-1.10 and lots of time between runs.

Saturday's course will be a more normal AX course......something kinky for the 914 crowd laugh.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Steve_7x @ May 23 2006, 05:40 PM) *

Steve

Steve,

Well believe it or not, it will be the elusive and reclusive 914. The suspension has been done for quite some time now and a week or so ago I had Ron Kain at IPB corner wieght and align it.

I had planned to build a motor this summer and use the stock motor for the season but a Brad Roberts built BP motor presented itself and I bought it last weekend on my way down to Marina for the autocross down there. I really only went to make an appearance that didn't involve lots of smoke! But I had a good time and the Boxster did fine.

Martin Baker has been staying at my house during the week as he just got a job at Mather doing airframe powerplant maint. He is trying to sell his house in Fairfield and buy in Sacramento. He and I will be pulling my stock motor next week and putting in the BP motor in after we pick it up at the Parts Heaven Swap Meet. If all tunes well, and it should as I bought everything from the relay board to the tailpipe I will be ready for June 9 and 10. New Yokohama shoes and all.

How are your carbs doing?

Rob
Steve_7x
JP...

No ass kicking from me. We'll just let the best times speak and end the day with a handshake ;-) Great to hear that the course will be reasonable but fast. I don't mind 3rd gear corners if there is run-off. I am looking forward to both courses.

Rob...

Great to hear that the teener will be running at Mather. You and Martin will get it done - no problemo! I have been feeling sorry that you haven't driven your car once at any of the local events.

As for the carbs I haven't had time to work on them... most likely will be working on the Pylon Assasin the weekend before the next autocross. I am heading to Redding this weekend :-)

Steve
ConeDodger
Steve,

Good for you. Say hi to Joy and the kiddos... Carbs? You don't need no stinking carbs! These are only SCCA guys. Oh wait. I am an SCCA guy!

What do you think it is? It sounds like idle jets but I am NO Weber expert. Still, it is a very fast car even with a little carb problem.

Yes. Should be no problem. We will pick up the engine the weekend of Parts Heaven Swap Meet. In ASAP after that, and tuning every night until the event weekend. It was running rich in the car it is in now, it has DJet and the idle setting is full lean on the ECU. Plugs were fouled and black. I am not stumped but I do need to get it into my car to start sorting it. I cannot wait. The car feels like a little shark on the road. darts around like it is hunting for food. Really fun to drive. Funny thing is after 20 years or more of driving Z cars I am neglecting the 240Z sitting in the driveway. I keep getting questions from 914 guys about what I am going to do with it!

Rob...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ May 24 2006, 11:54 PM) *

Steve,

Good for you. Say hi to Joy and the kiddos... Carbs? You don't need no stinking carbs! These are only SCCA guys. Oh wait. I am an SCCA guy!

What do you think it is? It sounds like idle jets but I am NO Weber expert. Still, it is a very fast car even with a little carb problem.

Yes. Should be no problem. We will pick up the engine the weekend of Parts Heaven Swap Meet. In ASAP after that, and tuning every night until the event weekend. It was running rich in the car it is in now, it has DJet and the idle setting is full lean on the ECU. Plugs were fouled and black. I am not stumped but I do need to get it into my car to start sorting it. I cannot wait. The car feels like a little shark on the road. darts around like it is hunting for food. Really fun to drive. Funny thing is after 20 years or more of driving Z cars I am neglecting the 240Z sitting in the driveway. I keep getting questions from 914 guys about what I am going to do with it!

Rob...

Just a reminder to you NorCal guys. This event is two day Saturday and Sunday at Mather Field off Hwy 50 at Mather Field Road in Sacramento.
I believe you must be an SCCA member this year.
This is the nicest and actually only autocross site in Sacramento. It is a EVOC course for the Sherrifs Department. (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course)
Be there if you can. This is a ball...

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.