Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Porsche Quote
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
" People want to see you crashing your car on Quaaludes, not helping the March of Dimes."

Leif Garrett
turboman808
That is true but it doesn't mean ya got to do it.
Eric_Shea
I believe it's out of context.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2006, 10:19 AM) *

I believe it's out of context.

Out of context? Maybe, but the tabloidized media would like you to believe it's true ............. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
I think the ex-teenybopper was rightfully disillusioned by the fact that our fuched up media would rather concentrate on the crash than efforts to help people... or efforts to resuscitate his deceased career.
brer
funny how it reads both ways huh?

with sarcasm

without sarcasm
brer

"I've done a lot of work with the March of Dimes and lots of other charities. I'm about to perform at a charity event for the American Red Cross for the South East Asia Relief Fund. I still like to do whatever I can for charities."

Leif Garrett
Grimstead
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2006, 10:36 AM) *

I was rightfully illusioned by our media on the efforts to help people... or efforts to resuscitate his deceased car.

Out of context, I think not!
brer
He was arrested last month for fare dodging on the LA subway..........

LA Subway??

biggrin.gif
cbenitah
what is the story here... :lost:
Eric_Shea
what is the story here... :lost:

Jump in the "way-back machine" Sherman (if Leif Garret lost you then Peabody and Sherman are sure to add another dimension to this thread) Leify-Boy crashed his 914 with a passenger in-tow. Fuched up the other guy really good and put the period at the end of the short sentence that was his career.

Grimstead... you're aweiner! biggrin.gif
John
Um, I believe it was an ass dragger, not a 914 that he crashed and paralysed his buddy.

In 1979, when he was in his late teens, Garrett and his friend Roland Winkler were in Garrett's Porsche 911 when it rear-ended another car and shot over a freeway embankment. "We were friends. And we were both really high. And for some reason we didn't take his car that night. We took my car and ended up getting in a crash and he ended up paralyzed. It's a horrible thing. It was three days before my 18th birthday."
cbenitah
sounds like a bad story... although it didn't make much more sense.. anyone in the club? guess its time for the swede to just go with it laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Google rocks...
Eric_Shea
They can even help with Peabody and Sherman
Eric_Shea
Um, I believe it was an ass dragger, not a 914 that he crashed and paralysed his buddy.

That's what that story said but if you find the pictures and the rest of the stories, I believe it's a teener.

"Then comes the dark stuff. Back in his heyday, at the tender age of 20, Leif paralyzed his best friend/drug buddy while flipping his whoo-hoo Porsche 914 on the Santa Monica freeway. The friend's insurance company sued the star, and Garrett abandoned ship on the buddy thing. But wouldn't you know, Behind the Music is going to reunite them! Meeting his former friend in a park, Leif cries as his disabled and discarded buddy says the words he's been waiting to say for 10 years: "You ready for a bomb? You saved my life that day." It's the worst moment in VH1's most depressing biography ever, even worse than the scene where Nicolette Sheridan--the girl Garrett has been obsessing over since they broke up a decade ago--stages an intervention to get him into rehab. Even the Milli Vanilli story, filmed before Rob Pilatus' suicide, is less mortifying."

(not sure what a whoo-hoo 914 is) confused24.gif
Toast
(not sure what a whoo-hoo 914 is) confused24.gif

That is Elvira.

w00t.gif
Eric_Shea
Elvira is a Ho-Ho 914...
brer
I wonder if he really wanted a Carrera?

smile.gif

Eric_Shea
Dreamy... wub.gif
brer
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.