Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size Hoosiers under a non-rolled fender?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Anyone have any specs to share? I am guessing about a 205/50/15, but how close will this be? I have a 73 2.0, and although the paint color is not original, I might feel guilty rolling the fenders. Am I being too anal? Should I just go ahead and roll em?
Brad Roberts
I cant swear to it... but I dont think Hoosier makes anything smaller than a 205/50/15 (they make 14's)

Roll them. Be careful and take your time.

B
ChrisReale
Thanks Brad, do you have any "professional advise" about doing this? I have heard of using a dolly, but the only one I have seen is about six inches long. Big enough?
Brad Roberts
I'm not a good person to ask for advice on rolling the fenders. I use a body hammer and dolly. I'm not much concerned with the paint (normally its on a production class race car) I end up with chipped paint every time. I have read many many times of people using PVC and baseball bats to "roll" the lip.

I say cut it off and clean it up with a file. I could also use a die grinder and cut away the problem area.

B
r_towle
205/50/15 hoosiers

lips rolled, but only needed to on one side really.

use heat to soften the paint, it seemd to reduce the chips for me (i used a heat gun)

I also taped it with electrical tape.
the a dowel>>>bat>>>hammer to get it done completely.

R smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.