Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: For Z
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Enjoy...
TROJANMAN
a little exaggerated, but not much

MattR
I know this thread really isnt about steriods, but as a lifelong Dodger fan, I'll throw in my 2 cents on Bonds.

I hate Bonds because he's a Giant, but not for the steriod thing. He's worked his ass off every off season to get to his size. I think the most weight he's gained in the off season was 35 lbs, which isnt impossible with really hard work. Now I'm not saying he's clear of the steriod allegation, but lets put it in context; EVERYBODY in baseball does steriods (except for maybe Shawn Green). I dont believe for a minute that Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, or even pitchers like Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina are totally clear of chemical alteration over their careers. Baseball is different now then when Ruth or Aaron were going for records. Hitters are stronger, but so are pitchers. Babe Ruth would be a AA player in todays game.

Bonds is juiced only because baseball is juiced.
Eric_Shea
Who cares?

I just thought it was a funny pic. biggrin.gif
drewvw

As a red sox fan, I will also put in my 2 cents about bonds:

The guy is (and has always been) a complete dick living in his own little universe and got what was coming to him. With that said, he was always a hell of a baseball player and still would have made the hall without the juice.

go sox

SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2006, 03:19 PM) *

Who cares?

***Gasp*** agree.gif

sad.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 23 2006, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2006, 03:19 PM) *

Who cares?

***Gasp*** agree.gif

sad.gif

WTF.gif Me too, and I do business with the Giants...you should hear what the guys who run the clubhouse say about him...it ain't good.....
Hammy
I'm a Giants fan.... and i think he's a great ball player.
KaptKaos
Cheater.

'nuff said
Lou W
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ May 23 2006, 09:16 PM) *

Cheater.

'nuff said

agree.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah...he shoulda done it drunk like the Babe did....word.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.