Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fingers crossed.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
After a long strange journey, the red car that got me hooked on 914's is back from a LONG rebuild cycle. Almost all new mechanicals, and whenever possible and practical; premium components. Car runs and drives GREAT, but looks like shit! Time for some months of driving and then we will see about flares, paint, interior. Here is what it looked like before sitting at the shop for two fucking years.
GTeener
QUOTE(ppickerell @ May 23 2006, 02:05 PM) *

After a long strange journey, the red car that got me hooked on 914's is back from a LONG rebuild cycle. Almost all new mechanicals, and whenever possible and practical; premium components. Car runs and drives GREAT, but looks like shit! Time for some months of driving and then we will see about flares, paint, interior. Here is what it looked like before sitting at the shop for two fucking years.

Congrats on getting your car back beer.gif

2 years seems to be about the going rate for rebuilds on these cars. Took that long to get my car conversion done (some members know the tale). dead horse.gif
Britain Smith
Finally!!

I tried so hard to help out in getting that car finished up while I was there. I am glad to finally see it back home.

-Britain
Brad Roberts
Let me guess: They made no attempt at detailing it?

ppickerell
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 04:09 PM) *

Let me guess: They made no attempt at detailing it?

No attempt discernible and no surprise. The surprise is that the car made it to Concord and back today with NO PROBLEMS!
Brad Roberts
It will be a good car.

I saw some issues that need to be taken care of, but it is something you or your son can do.

I was a little miffed when I saw how the fuel pump was mounted and the shitty fix on the clutch cable tube. Both of these issues SHOULD have been taken care of after one of the three engine removals. It would have been a tad easier with a empty engine compartment. I asked him about it, and he said he didnt want to spend any more labor time on the car.

FYI: they didnt mount the pump or fix the tube originally. I just feel it is their responsibiltiy to inform/correct these little bullshit problems as they see them. They know what is right and what is wrong/half ass. I didnt have time to address the issues. I was spending all my time on the engine.

B
ppickerell
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 23 2006, 04:51 PM) *

It will be a good car.

I saw some issues that need to be taken care of, but it is something you or your son can do.

I was a little miffed when I saw how the fuel pump was mounted and the shitty fix on the clutch cable tube. Both of these issues SHOULD have been taken care of after one of the three engine removals. It would have been a tad easier with a empty engine compartment. I asked him about it, and he said he didnt want to spend any more labor time on the car.

FYI: they didnt mount the pump or fix the tube originally. I just feel it is their responsibiltiy to inform/correct these little bullshit problems as they see them. They know what is right and what is wrong/half ass. I didnt have time to address the issues. I was spending all my time on the engine.

B

sad.gif
WTF.gif
mad.gif
blink.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
idea.gif idea.gif

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

Brad Roberts
I'm just sorry I didnt have time to fix it.

The reason the fuel pump is not mounted correctly: the engine shelf is rusted right were the mounts should be for the fuel pump (typical rot area)

The clutch tube is going to be some work. It works fine, it just appears that a 10y.o welded the plate to it (home user with new welder)

Dont shoot the messenger on this one. I'm trying desperately to help out the best I can.

B
Brad Roberts
Here is the picture I needed.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.