Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed a set of Sylvania silverstars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
si2t3m
As my 914 is mostly my daily driver during summer, I'm often driving it during night time. My 914 had Halogen sealed beams on it and I was planning on upgrading the headlights to either Hella H4's or even HID's.

I took the car out a couple of weeks ago for a night drive after the kids went to bed. This is one of my favorite roads and most of it doesn't have lights. In that area the highbeams are barely enough and the lows dont light the road enough. I ajusted the headlights to the specs according to the workshop manual. It was better but not enough.

I was browsing Sylvania's website even looking at some HID's (but they are a little too expensive to my taste). I came across the Silverstars and started reading about them. At 22$ a pop for the H6024ST silverstars why not.

I found a pair at our local FLAPS and I installed them last night. I headed for my favorite road again. The silverstars put out a nice and white beam compared to my old headlights. I now have enough light with the low beams and the high beams are outstanding!!! driving.gif

Just wanted to pass out the info.

Marc-André
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(si2t3m @ Sep 26 2003, 09:12 AM)
... I was planning on upgrading the headlights to either Hella H4's or even HID's.  

anyone considering HID / Xenon should check out this thread...

since this is a US-DOT / NHTSA thing, i'm sure things are different in Canada and other parts of the world - but for the US - it's an interesting environment...

[okay - that link didn't seem to work for me, but another that had been working and quit is now - maybe you have to go to the main site for the session ID stuff to be current...

so try this one is that one didn't work, and check in at hidforum.com before concluding this link doesn't work either...]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.