Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jack stands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
going to buy jack stands (feel i have done enough damage from the top wanna get started from under). any special kind or is the standard type from like sears o.k. p.s. where is the best spot to put them.
Trevorg7
These are good

T
STL914
Generally speaking, any where in the "red" zones are good jack stand points:
fitsbain
The best jackstands are the kind you keep in the corner or under your 911 while driving you 14.

biggrin.gif
porschecb
What are jack stands? confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
You want the ten year rated models, if not twice that ......................... The Cap'n
TROJANMAN
get 6 ton stands. you'll love te extra room under the car
walmart has some for $24

spunone
STL 914 great pic for placement thanks
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 23 2006, 07:09 PM) *

walmart has some for $24

word!

25 ish at FLAPS. i put em under the traling arm..... at the pivot area.
Hammy
I've always wondered about the firewall placement in that pic... think maybe they meant the engine mount bar?
Allan
QUOTE(Hammy @ May 23 2006, 07:26 PM) *

I've always wondered about the firewall placement in that pic... think maybe they meant the engine mount bar?

Me too.

I tried to do it with my 4 and as I was lifting I could see and hear the sheet metal starting to give.

Never tried it again...
JerryP
HF has the big ass 6 ton stands on sale right now for 19.95. Big sale next week with lots of other crappy tools super cheap too.
nycchef
QUOTE(JerryP @ May 24 2006, 04:46 AM) *

HF has the big ass 6 ton stands on sale right now for 19.95. Big sale next week with lots of other crappy tools super cheap too.

at the risk of sounding stupid (again) who is hf?
JerryP
Sorry, my bad........Harbour Freight.....mecca of dirt cheap tools
BigDBass
HF is Harbor Freight. Their website is here.

Lots of cheap tools made in China with brand names like "Chicago Electric" and "Pittsburgh" and "US General". Great selection, great prices, mediocre quality. But sometimes that's all you need to get the job done.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 23 2006, 06:09 PM) *

walmart has some for $24

i don;t know if it really matters, but these also have the locking pin that slides through to prevent the post from accidently falling
nycchef
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 24 2006, 06:54 AM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ May 23 2006, 06:09 PM) *

walmart has some for $24

i don;t know if it really matters, but these also have the locking pin that slides through to prevent the post from accidently falling

they sound great but mayor bloomberg has blocked walmart from opening any stores in nyc. just because they sell guns. believe that? who needs guns more than we do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.