Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how do i ship a /6 lonblock?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
needs to go to florida. have truck. can get it in the back of my truck to a loading dock....

who and how much to ship such a slug?
bd1308
ask SLITS to help you.

He has direct pricing with Central Transport and can help (maybe) do a third-party shipment for you.....

ForwardAir was also a company that was given to me to help ship things.

b
fitsbain
I read this and only 2 things came to mind.

First was a cardboard box.

Second was inside a running 914-6.

Guess I'm just in a trouble causing mood.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(fitsbain @ May 23 2006, 06:49 PM) *

I read this and only 2 things came to mind.

First was a cardboard box.

Second was inside a running 914-6.

Guess I'm just in a trouble causing mood.

you and i think alike.... sarcasm unite! biggrin.gif
Trekkor
There may be a frieght company that will pick up if on a pallet/crate.

They'll use a pallet jack and their lift gate. Pay and wave. wavey.gif

KT
Mueller
the most important item is on the recieving end...does the new owner have a method to remove the item from the truck, not all trucks will have a liftgate..also most companies charge more for delivering to a house instead of a business.
spunone
crate it crate it crate it DO NOT USE A CARD BOARD BOX
Aaron Cox
ill strap it to a pallet...

but what service can i drop it off at.... etc
Mueller
yellow freight is the company used when I sold my 2.2 /6 to MotorMeister, they came and picked it up.

I've also used roadway

dlo914
AA try going w/ Roadway Express, they're cheap and fast about shipping large items. i went w/ them when i had to ship my engine down from Washington.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(dlo914 @ May 23 2006, 07:25 PM) *

AA try going w/ Roadway Express, they're cheap and fast about shipping large items. i went w/ them when i had to ship my engine down from Washington.

cost?

its going from socal to 34952
Grimstead
If you can fit it in this, it's only $8.10 happy11.gif
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
ROFL....

sawzall and plasma cut here... etc
skline
Well the first thing you need to do is to get it out of my garage!! Last week would be best smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(skline @ May 23 2006, 10:01 PM) *

Well the first thing you need to do is to get it out of my garage!! Last week would be best smile.gif

will do. sorry bout that. ill try and get it this weekend or thrusday.
Van914
Try Forward Air. I had mine shipped from Canada to Ohio for about $200. I think Jake uses them also.
van914
McMark
Jake used to use Forward Air, but I don't think he does anymore. Is this engine a core or a runner? If it's a runner you should really build a crate around it. Does it have the fan & shroud on it or induction on it? Then you should really really build a crate around it. Build it big and sturdy enough that you would be willing to set another pallet on top of it. wink.gif Or take it to a shipping co and let them take responsibility.

I think that $200-$250 sounds about right.
rhodyguy
search feature. "shipping woes", "rhodyguy". call, not the online quote.

k
Eric_Shea
Uncle Dave.
SLITS
1st learn how to spell "longblock"

2nd...I'm checking and will get back to you. Terminal to terminal shipment (the receiver better have a p/u truck). Block strapped to pallet & shrink wrapped.

Cost + $25 + 100% commission for irritation = your cost
Amenson
I like BAX Global. Just shipped the driveline from an STi...850lb in a crate 4'x4'x3' and it only cost $350 Detroit to NY with home delivery on a truck with a lift gate. They have a really nice shipping calculator.

BAX Global

The only hitch is that you need to have an account set up ahead of time. Easy to do by calling the local sales office. Took 5 minutes on the phone and a 12 hour wait to get my account number.

Scott
SLITS
Ok buttboy.....$200 from Riverside, CA to Orlando, FL....held at terminal for their pickup. 1 pallet, 400 lbs......Central State Trucking.

Actually, $180 + $20 for pallet, irritation and paperwork thru company.

PS: Where's the chair cover and have you cleaned it yet?
Aaron Cox
ron. you rock.

ill let the buyer know.

thank you much. and yes, the chair tube is clean and in the truck...

AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.