Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aug. '06 Excellence Mag Article -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTPatrick
Excellence Aug. '06 just came out with an article of a 914 Sportomatic GT in Georgia . It's really interesting since it's a model that was supposed to be built but wasn't allegedly. blink.gif

Another one of those rare and mysterious models that exists but is not supposed to exist as per Porsche's records. confused24.gif Kinda like a "Ripley's Believe it or Not " . screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
arent there a few 914/6 sportos?

ive seen pics of at least 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 23 2006, 07:20 PM) *

agree.gif 914/6 sportos are rare but factory build and documented ...

smile.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
But a GT? And why does the word Georgia immediately make me think there's a con artist in our midst confused24.gif lol3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2006, 08:55 PM) *

But a GT? And why does the word Georgia immediately make me think there's a con artist in our midst confused24.gif lol3.gif

GT means a lot of different things to different people ... as far as i know there was *no* factory build and raced GT with sporto, but a customer/dealer build GT or m471 is not out of the question at all ...

then, there's the people that call any car with GT flares a "GT" ...
smile.gif Andy
70Sixter
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 23 2006, 07:55 PM) *

agree.gif with the Georgia part. Or the George part.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ May 23 2006, 07:20 PM) *

Excellence Aug. '06 just came out with an article of a 914 Sportomatic GT .

Uh, no it didn't. WTF.gif

Unless that non-existant proofeader added an error-insertion -- like Al Holbert Jr. -- again... biggrin.gif

Okay, just find/checked the text. I wish people would READ articles more carefully before posting misleading interpretation/information. "GT" only appears in the text twice, in the 2nd and 20th paragraphs, and only in reference to OTHER rare 914-6s...

This is the hate part of my love/hate relationship with the infer-nets.

pete
horizontally-opposed
Oh yeah, and just cuz no one has done it yet:

"What issue, I haven't gotten my issue yet!!!!!!!!!" fighting19.gif chair.gif dead horse.gif

wavey.gif

mike_the_man
biggrin.gif Thanks Pete!
914-8
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 23 2006, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 23 2006, 07:20 PM) *

agree.gif 914/6 sportos are rare but factory build and documented ...

smile.gif Andy

my neighbor in college had a factory 914-6 sportomatic. this was in the mid-80s.

it was orange, had the "sportomatic" script on the back.

he let me drive it a few times. a weird driving experience! i kept touching the lever by habit and it would go into neutral. the windup of the engine through the torque converter sounded like a bus.

wish I would have taken some pictures!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 24 2006, 09:37 AM) *

my neighbor in college had a factory 914-6 sportomatic. this was in the mid-80s.

he let me drive it a few times. a weird driving experience! i kept touching the lever by habit and it would go into neutral. the windup of the engine through the torque converter sounded like a bus.

By 'taken some pictures' you mean, bought it off of him, right? Man, that would have been the bargain buy of the decade!
Gustl
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 24 2006, 07:37 PM) *

I bet it looked like this one idea.gif
davep
QUOTE(914-8 @ May 24 2006, 09:37 AM) *

So where is it now???
Eric_Shea
"What issue, I haven't gotten my issue yet!!!!!!!!!" w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.