Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How NOT how to guess the weight of a T4 and trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
So I'm pulling the guts out of the End of The Road car and all I have left is to drop the motor & tran....It's hot here mid 80's and I'm sweating and trying to remember where the kid put things when he cleaned up the garage (ok I'm using my phychic powers to try and find stuff in the garage now) and I figure I'll just loosen the trans bolts before going to hunt for one of the 4 little jacks I have when WHAM !!! PAIN !!! I guess I loosened the bots too much. Good thing I had a 4' length of pipe within reach (I used it to loosen the frozen wheel bolts) I used it to lift the muffler off my foot and pull my foot out of the runner.

I can walk on it (yes of course it hurts) and it's turning a nice variance of colours.
Aaron Cox
pics of the ankle!!!
GWN7
The car lurched forward when it dropped and the jackstand on that side ended up with about 1/8" of metal under it.....
Mueller
"was it as good for you as it was for me???" poke.gif

ouch !!!!!!

gravity hurts....
GWN7
didn't land on the ankle..landed on the fleshy part of the foot between the ball of the foot and the ankle.....if it hit the ankle I'd post pics of my new cruches and cast smile.gif
redshift
IPB Image

blink.gif
brant
OUCH... chit......

dang....

don't know what to say...

dang again....

brant
GWN7
It would have been worse if I had been wearing sandals like some people do working on cars smile.gif
rick 918-S
How did Miles post a picture of your foot..... cool_shades.gif
So.Cal.914
Could have been your HEAD, bet you won't do that again. Be careful!

smoke.gif

MattR
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 23 2006, 08:40 PM) *

It's hot here mid 80's and I'm sweating

...Canadians bitch about everything

lol2.gif
street legal go-kart
Damnnnnn!
Glad to see you are relatively alright Bruce.
Reminds me of the time Dylan and I were demo-ing the old back porch.
"Dad , I dont think you should cut that post right now."
He was 7 at the time. should have listened.

Get some ice on that foot.
Take two shots ,I mean asprin....

JT
tommy914
You will need to check you front motor mounts now. They are probably bent or broken.
Brando
Yowza Bruce! I dropped a 944 trans on my arm/shoulder at skline's once... But on the foot... arrrrgh... Lots of ibuprofen/aspirin and ice!
GWN7
QUOTE(tommy914 @ May 25 2006, 09:26 AM) *

You will need to check you front motor mounts now. They are probably bent or broken.

The bottom of the car is so rusty that the engine mounting bar bent forward so the mounts "might" be ok, but I'll check just incase. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.