Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back from iraq
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
hello all, My name is Anthony and I am just returning from Iraq as a new teener owner, I have been lurking on the forums throughout deployment but until now really havent had much to contribute. without further delay, my story.

I initially saw it and inspected it during leave the day before i went back to iraq, then bought by my wife a little later. I was pleased to come home and see that my initial inspection was preety accurate, the HH has light rust with a solid bottom although the battery tray and support is thrashed. car is a 1.7 with big bore kit and 40mm webers...runs fine although no vacuum to distributor and need rebuild kits for webers. Shows 72K miles and is mostly complete. rough interior....bad shifting... oh and sorry about the pic size ... Tony ( good being home)
fitsbain
welcome.png
lotus_65
welcome home!

...and

welcome.png
Gint
Welcome back! Looks like a good enough start into fine German rust collecting.
McMark
Welcome! I love the paintjob! thumb3d.gif

Looks like a fun project.
mikelsr
Tony welcome to the club! welcome.png But most of all THANKS for what you did!

Mike
JoeSharp
Tony: Thanks for all you've done. And Oh! welcome.png
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Rotary'14
welcome.png

and as many of my bro's have said, WELCOME HOME! beerchug.gif

-Rob
Steve Thacker
Welcome Home...
Now get that baby up on jackstands! alfred.gif
JerryP
Welcome home...and thanks.

welcome.png flag.gif
DEC
welcome.png
mikerose
welcome.png
Trevorg7
Welcome home, thanks for all you have done.

welcome.png

T
Rusty
Welcome back! Where are you now?

-Rusty smoke.gif
double-a
i kinda like those side stripes. welcome to the club, welcome back to american soil, and thanks for your service to our nation.

~a
drewvw

Thanks and welcome.png

try adjusting the clutch cable for shifting before anything else...its easy.
Aaron Cox
welcome back!

where are you now?
jhadler
welcome.png

Welcome back!

I like the '80's vintage racing stripe!
So, did you get a set of matching jack stands? biggrin.gif

-Josh2
Allan
Thanks for your service to our country and
welcome.png
GTeener
welcome.png

Welcome home flag.gif
Chogokin
ar15.gif Hey welcome back, where were you at over there? Maybe I saw you in Fallujah
geniusanthony
Steve Thacker
Funny you mention that, I was gonna get her jacked up and get started but first I wanted to just drive before she stayed up too long...

To all else I was in Balad around Anaconda mostly. presently I am in washington state Tacoma...And thank yuo all for your words.

I am gonna replace the shift ball cup and rearmost bushing (tailshifter) but that cage and finger that comes right out of the rear of the trans looks too loose when wiggloing it, is that normal?
KELTY360
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ May 24 2006, 10:44 AM) *

Steve Thacker
Funny you mention that, I was gonna get her jacked up and get started but first I wanted to just drive before she stayed up too long...

To all else I was in Balad around Anaconda mostly. presently I am in washington state Tacoma...And thank yuo all for your words.

I am gonna replace the shift ball cup and rearmost bushing (tailshifter) but that cage and finger that comes right out of the rear of the trans looks too loose when wiggloing it, is that normal?

welcome.png

Thanks for your service. Try to join us for Teener Tuesday sometime. Do a search to find the thread.
So.Cal.914
Great to have you home, and with us. Thanks.. Tail shifters can have the same

symtoms for alot of problems. But first adjust clutch as mentioned before, then

adjust linkage. Replacing bushings is always a good idea if they are worn out.

Have fun and stay safe... smoke.gif
Pompano Beach 914V8
I know all the others said the same thing but thanks for your service.
hcdmueller
Welcome back. Just got back from the sandbox a few months ago. That is how I managed to save some money for my 914. It is very good to hear you are back safe. Spoil yourself, you deserve it. You should probably get a little more driving time in before breaking out the jackstands.

welcome.png
Chogokin
Anaconda, ouch that place SUX! I think that is the only place hadji was dumb enough to try and ambush us. Well kudo's to you for making it out of that hornets nest in one piece. Enjoy your 1.7 I just put 40's on mine with the dual advance distributor and compufire, I love the way it scoots down the road
motorhead
Welcome home, and thanks for your commitment and service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.